Chapter Twenty:

I made a vow to myself: yesterday was the last day I was ever going to cry over King. If he wanted to push me away, well then congratulations to him because he got what he wanted. I don't understand why he wanted to be a lone. I don't get what's so bad about the world that he has to hide it. He's not that bad when he's not kissing you and than being a jerk. I just wanted to be his friend and if something else happened well then it happened. But none of what I thought was going to happened, actually happened and I will not being saying what I thought was going to happen because it is very embarrassing and none of it actually happened.  

When I stepped into school I immediately put my head down and started walking to my locker hoping not be seen. I really wasn't in mood to speak to anyone right now. When I made it to my locker without bumping into anyone I let out a breath of relief. 
"Hope!" Someone called from behind me and I groaned. I turned toward the voice even though I didn't want to. But It was just Eliza and Elizabeth. I smiled at my best friends. When Eliza got close to me she jumped on me and gave me a really tight hug. I chucked at her. "How are you? " She asked letting go of me looking at me with concern. The smile left my face. 

"I'm fine." I said turning my back to them and opening my locker. 

"Oh, don't start with that. We all know that 'I'm fine' really means your not fine and you want to talk about it but you don't want to say you wanna talk about it, but were going to talk about it. So, speak." Eliza said glaring at me. 

"I'm really hurt. Okay, i'm trying to hold myself together but I felt something for him, I don't want to feel these things because he I knew he didn't want me but then he kissed me and I knew what I felt for him was deep and there was no way out of whatever I was feeling. Then he just pushed me away again. In the back of my mind I knew it was going to happen because that's just who he is. When people get to close him he pushes them away but I was hoping to be different. Although in the end I was like any other girl in his life who wasn't his sister." I sighed.  

"Do you want me to get rid of him? You know I know a guy right?" Elizabeth said speaking up for the first time. Eliza and I looked at each other before looking at Elizabeth to see if she was serious and from the look on her face she was.  

"No, Elizabeth you do not need to get rid of him. You could got to jail for murder." I said.  

"Yes, but I wouldn't be actually killing him. I'd be the one with the money paying the person to kill him for us." Elizabeth said not showing any signs of messing with us. She was serious about this. That scared me a bit but not to the point where she was crazy. 

"Elizabeth stop, your scaring Hope!" Eliza said speaking up. Even though she wasn't really scaring me too much.  Elizabeth spoke like this a lot whenever someone had hurt me. I think she's just really protective.

"Okay, so no bookie?" Elizabeth asked sounding kind of bummed. 

"No!" Eliza and I both screamed. 

"Okay, ok!" She said defensively. She looked around the halls and when she caught something she didn't like she glared hard at whoever it was. I wanted to know who it was so I looked in her line of vision and saw she was giving the death stare to King. He wasn't paying attention to her though. His focus was on me. Even with Jessica right next to him trying to get his attention he still wouldn't stop looking at me. That made me blush. Even when I was pissed at him he still gave me butterflies and made me blush without even trying. I know I shouldn't be feeling like this after what he did to me but I couldn't help it. I had uncertain feeling for the jerk. But I did have feelings for him and that's what really hurts. I was brought back to reality by a touch. It was Eliza. She looked at me worriedly. 

"I am fine Eliza." I state with a sigh.  

"No, your not but that's okay." She said with love in her eyes. I couldn't speak because if I did I would cry. So I just smiled warmingly at her. 

"I could still call my guy?!" Elizabeth said suggestively and without a care in the world. I laughed at her.. This was the first time I had laughed willingly in a while. 

"No, Elizabeth it is okay. I will be okay." I state strongly just as the bell rings. I give both Eliza and Elizabeth a hug before walking to my English class. . I headed to my English class with a slow place no matter how much I loved English I did not want to be in school right now. I wanted to be in bed re-watching The Vampire Diaries and getting out of this funk I was in. But I still headed to class. I was happy to have this class with Nik seeing as he always knew how to make me laugh. I stepped into the classroom and said 'good morning' to Ms. Lee and sat in my usually seat in the middle of the classroom. Nik came in five minutes late as always. 

We did group work today. That meant I partnered up with Nik and we didn't do any work and just talked and like I hoped he made me laugh which made me happy. He also didn't bring up King which also made me happy. We just talked about nonsense and watched funny videos on his phone. Mrs. Lee didn't like it but today I didn't have any room to care. I was just living in the moment something that I never do. After class we walked to lunch together. As usual everyone stopped what they were doing and watched us. 

"Why is it that every time I walk somewhere with one of you they always seem to stop what their doing and just watch us?" I asked curiously. 

"That's because they're trying to figure what's so special about you." He said as we sat down at the table with everyone else. Sadly Jessica was still here so I sat on the very edge of the table next to Nik with half of my butt of the seat. 

"Special about what?" Jasmine asked getting into out convocation. 

"She was wondering why everyone stares at her." Nik said explaining. 

"Ahh." Jasmine said with a wide smile on her face that confused the hell out of me. 

"I just don't get it and I hate the attention." I groaned. 

"Could have fooled me." Jessica whispered under her breath but we all heard it. 

"They're jealous. I mean look at you, your beautiful they just hoped it would be one of them that we let into our group." Jasmine said winking at me making me laugh. But I stopped laughing when I saw Isabella coming our way. I put my head down and hoped she wouldn't speak to me. 

"Nerd." She hissed a little too aggressively for my liking. I didn't say anything not wanting to start anything in the cafeteria again. "Luke how are you?"She asked moving onto Luke. 

"Oh hell no." Eliza said kissing Luke staking claim on him. I looked surprised at her because this was the first I heard about them being together officially. I mean I knew they liked each other but not this much. I didn't know what to say. 

"Okay Eliza!" Jasmine said hyping them up. Eliza pulled away blushing nervously. 

"That's my baby." Luke said kissing her cheek. I mentally awed them. They looked happy and I was happy that Eliza could find someone who could make her happy. She deserved that and so much more. 

"Hey hope." Jason said making me look up. I was confused as to why he was talking to me. The last time we talked he was drunk and King punched him the face. 

"Hi." I said slightly confused and curious as to why he was talking to me. 

"I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go for dinner this weekend?" He asked a  bit nervously. I was confused as to why he was asking me out l mean last time I checked he didn't even like me and the feeling was mutual. Before I could turn him down all the boys even King turned him down for me. I glared at all of them. 

"Excuse you all but I can make that decision on my own." I spoke glaring hard at all the boys before turning back to Jason. "I'm sorry Jason I'm not really ready to be dating anyone right now." 

"Oh. Okay." He said looking kind of bummed I turned him down making me feel bad. When he walked away Isabella followed him screaming his ear off.  I shook my head them. 

"That was weird." I said with a chuckle. 

"You're telling me. I wonder what that was about." Jasmine said glaring at the direction Isabella and Jason walked off in. The bell rang and we all said goodbye and Jasmine walked to class together.