Twenty-Five:

I wasn't in the mood to get all dressed up again. It was just too much work and I never dressed up when I went to Jake's house not saying that I was ever 'under dressed' per say. I just didn't see why things had to change just because King was coming with me. I was just happy that he was coming and bringing Samantha along with him who cared about what I was wearing.

Walking over to my bed I picked up the high- waist black leggings that I always seemed to wear and a grey spaghetti strapped crop top that I placed on my bed earlier.

After throwing my clothes on I threw on my black and white converse and grabbed my bag before heading down stairs knowing King was going to be here soon. When I got down stairs Justin and Jason were playing the game. They were screaming at each other and their teammates about things I didn't want to repeat.

My phone dinged letting me know that I got a message. I reached into my back pocket, taking my phone out and checking my notifications. It was King letting me know that he was here. I smiled widely down at my phone already feeling the blush already forming on my checks. Putting my phone back into my pocket I turned toward the boys who still were still focused on their game.

"I'm heading out i'll be back later." I said grabbing my sweater and heading towards the door. Not waiting for a reply I opened the front door and was ready to step out of the house but the sound of Justin's voice made me close the door and turn to face him.
"Wait. Where are you going?" Justin asked pausing his game and getting off the couch and walking over to me with Jason in tow.

"Out." I said grabbing the door handle again getting ready to step outside.

"Out where? What time will you be back and who are you going out with?" He asked already starting in with the hundred questions. He was being pushy and that irritated me. I knew he meant well but that didn't mean I had to like it. He thought he needed to step into the role of my father but he didn't. I was perfectly happy with him just being here as my brother not a guardian.

"Justin." I groaned turning to face him. I loved him to death but times like this made me want to strangle him.

"Hope." He said sternly.

"I'm going to hang out with some friends." I said not really giving him much information. I didn't want to tell him anything at all but he was stubborn and I didn't have time to argue seeing as King was waiting outside.

"What friends?" He pushed again making me want to punch him. He didn't understand that I could take care of myself and that he didn't need to fight my battles anymore. I wasn't twelve anymore I was eighteen and I didn't need him to protect me despite what he might think.

"Justin, I love you but I don't need to tell you everything that i'm doing your not my dad." I growled out at him crossing my arms over my chest and glaring at him.

"Yeah, your right i'm not dad and I will never be because I would never leave you. I am your big brother but more than that were family and I don't abandon my family. Unlike your so called dad who was never here. I raised you or did you forget that? Because I don't remember dad being here for anything that was ever important." He said glaring at me. His words hurt but the truth always did.

"Okay, why don't you two calm down. Justin man she's right you are a bit overprotective and Hope you know Justin loves you and you know why they way that he is, he just wants to protect you." Jason said stepping in. What he said made sense and I understood what he was saying. Justin really stepped up when I needed him too but I don't need him to be my dad anymore. I wanted my teasing brother who loved to mess with me back. The one who loved to pull pranks on me and throw me in the water whenever I wasn't paying attention when were by the pool.