Chapter Six:

I followed King who just walked out of the room without saying a word to me into the living room.

"So, that's what you want me to do, watch your little sister?Why me?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Your predictable." He said picking up a bag from off the couch.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I questioned with a slight attitude not understanding what he was saying. Groaning he said.

"Take this personally or don't I don't care. But your kind, gullible, and gentle and it's irritating. Point A: You came here even when you thought I was going to make you do something illegal. " He rolled his eyes.

"So, what it's wrong to be kind now?" I said glaring at him.

"That's not what I said. But being too kind gets you nowhere in life." He said.

"Being hard and angry leaves you alone in this world." I spat back.

"Who said I needed anyone." He growled out. Samantha came running out the room before I had the chance to tell him how stupid what he just said was.

Everyone needed human contact.

"Hope! Come on I already set up our tea party! Coco and Mia are already waiting and they don't like waiting." She said grabbing my hand not giving her brother even a glance. As she dragged me back into her room I looked back for a second and King was gone. Shrugging I laughed at her eagerness to get back to her tea party . But I couldn't stop thinking about what King said. Was he right? I mean I know that I'm kind it's one of my better features. Not a lot of people kind now and days are. I don't think I'm too kind.

You know what fuck what he think!

"Hope!" Samantha said shaking me back to reality.

"Yes, beautiful." I said making her blush. I smiled widely at her.

"I'm not that pretty. But you, your beautiful!" She said factually.

"Who says your not pretty? You know what, I've seen a lot of little girls in my time and you know what I think? I think that you're the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen" I said taking her in my arms and sitting us on her bed.

"You really think so?" She said looking up at me with teary eyes.

"I promise." I said wiping a runaway tear from her check.

"But the girls in my class don't think so. They call me mean names." As she said this, my heart broke for her.

"Well, then they are jealous and jealousy makes people do mean things. Don't you listen to a word they say because you are so beautiful, so very beautiful." I said moving her dark brown hair from her face and giving her a hug. I think she felt better because seconds later she pulled away from me, rubbed her eyes, and dragged me to her already set up tea party with her big brown bear and sassy looking dolls. I chuckled at how well mannered they looked. "How old are you Samantha?"

"I'm Six!" She said showing me six of her fingers. "Hope this is Bear-Bear!" she said excitedly pointing to her bear. "This is Ariel she said pointing to the red haired well mannered doll, next to Ariel was Jazzy who had brown hair, and then there was Lucy who had blonde hair on one side of her head and brown hair on the other." After I was introduced to all her little friends Samantha silently poured us all imaginary tea into all of our cups. I pretended to drink the tea as Samantha also took a sip before speaking. "Are you and my brother dating?" I was so shocked with her question it took me a couple of minutes to answer.

"No, Why would you ask me that?" I asked confused.

"Well, for one you're the first girl my brother has brought home to watch me other than Jasmine. He wouldn't just bring home any random girl to watch me You must be special." She said taking another sip of her fake tea.