Chapter Five:

I threw my school bag on my couch when I walked through the door and headed upstairs to my room. I walked into my room and started to pace. I didn't know what to do. King said that he needs me to do a favor for him. I do favors for friends so what about this is so different? Who says what he needs me to do is illegal I mean other than all the rumors I've heard around the school in the last four years. But those are just rumored, right? I mean he doesn't have a kid, he isn't in a gang and he hasn't killed anyone. Those are just made up stories that my peers somehow got into there head over the years of him being closed off and angry. I hope. But hey! Look on the bright side my dad might just show some compassion if I did get in trouble with the law and get involved with a tattooed and angry bicker dude. Okay, I don't know if King has any tattoos but I do know he has a bike. Shaking my head I walked over to my dresser and got out my black comfortable legging and a while oversized t-shirt. I got undressed and threw on my more comfortable clothing. I went to grab my dirty clothes and throw them in the hamper before I remembered the piece of paper in my jeans. I groaned throwing my head back.

Am I over exaggerating here? No right?
I should probably just read it and get over it!
Yup! that's exactly what I'm going to do!

I slowly walked over to my bed where my jeans lay and just stared at my jeans for a couple of seconds. When I gained the courage I picked up my jeans and slowly took the note out my back pocket.
It Read:

Meet me here tonight at eight. Don't be late.
- 22 Meadow Ave New York 33248.

I didn't know what to do. I mean he saved me from Gabe not once but twice and he even punched him when he didn't have to. We all knew Gabe was about to pee his pants because he was just as scared of King like the rest of the student body. I should go, right? It could be like a way of saying thank you. I wish I had someone to tell me what to do. I mean I knew I was going to the address because that was just the kind of person I was. I guess I made up my mind, I just hope I'm making the right decisions.

It was only 3:30 right now so I had about five hours to do what I had to do before I needed to leave. Sighing I started by cleaning my room. I picked up some dirty clothes off the floor and a couple of plates I'd left in here after eating. I could get really lazy after I finish eating. After cleaning my room a little I picked up the dirty dishes and garbage and walked out my room and into the hall passing my brothers room descending the stairs. Stopping on the stairs I remembered...

Justin's coming home tomorrow! Smiling and mentally doing a happy dance I finished my walk down the stairs and headed into the kitchen to throw the dirty dishes from my bedroom into the dishwasher and threw away the garbage I had in my hands. I then placed the rest of the dirty dishes from the sink into the dishwasher before starting it. Getting a washcloth out and some kind of bleach spray I cleaned off the counters and stove. I then left the now clean kitchen and went into the living room cleaned a little then went back upstairs to put away my bag that I threw on the couch when I walked into the house earlier and I still needed to clean the hall bathroom. Walking into the bathroom I picked the towels up off the floor, I fixed the shower curtain and walked over to the sink and cleaned off the toothpaste that somehow landed everywhere in the sink.
_____

When the clock hit seven- thirty my heart started racing and my palms started to sweat like they do every time I'm nervous. I took a couple of deep breaths before grabbing my phone and keys and leaving my house. According to the GPS, the address isn't too far from my house. it was actually only a fifteen-minute drive. Sighing I turned on the radio and Drake in my feelings starting playing I smiled bobbing my head to the song while only singing the chorus . It was the only part of the song I knew.

"in three hundred yards make a left and the destination is on your left!" Siri said making my heart beat out of my chest and it wasn't the good kind. I just want to get over with this. But none the less I followed Siri's directions and I parked in front of.

An apartment building?

What am I doing at an Apartment building?

I didn't have to wonder too long because in front of me was King leaning against the brick wall smoking another cigarette. Shaking my head I kept my eyes on him as I walked over to him. He was wearing his typical clothing. Black shirt, black jeans and his black leather jacket. We kind of matched. I guess he noticed I was staring again because he looked up from the ground and looked at me. Well glared at me. But what's new. I shrugged it off and walked next to him. He didn't say anything as he walked away. I silently followed him to wherever he was taking me. We walked into the apartment building toward the elevator. He pressed the up bottom on the elevator and stared me down. it felt kind of uncomfortable and made me blush. When the elevator doors opened we both stepped inside and he pressed the button for the third floor.

"What are you wearing?" He said with a small chuckle breaking the unconfortable silence.

"Comfortable clothing." I said kinda embarrassed that I didn't put anything cute on. He was after all Josiah King 'bad boy' of our high school. He didn't say anything he just smirked at me. I could feel his eyes on me as I leaned against the elevator wall. No music was playing either. He didn't say anything just started at me. It was weird. Now I know how it feel to be started at and not like it. I was starting to feel self- conscious as I wrapped my hands around my body.
I was grateful when the elevator doors opened. I let King go first seeing as I didn't know where we were going. He walked down the hall and I followed quietly watching his backside. He stopped at apartment number E-6 which was the fourth apartment door down the hall on the right and walked in. I stopped at the front door not wanting to walk in without permission.

My mother did raise me right.

I guess he didn't hear my little foot steps following anymore so he turned around and growled at him to follow him. I quickly stepped inside the apartment shutting the door behind me and following King. I followed him to the back of the apartment towards a girly blue and white door with the name Samantha written in cursive at the back of the apartment.

We Walked into the room in silence and what I saw what wasn't what I was expecting. it was a little girl who looked about seven playing with dolls. She looked up when she heard up come into the room. She was cute. She looked a lot like King.

Maybe the rumor was true and he really did have a kid? But I still didn't understand why I was here.

"JoJo!" She smiled widely and ran into Kings arms screaming.

JoJo? Not Dad or Daddy? Okay so maybe he wasn't a father..

" I just saw you a couple of minuest ago princess." He said with a real smile taking the little girl in his arms.

He has a really nice smile and it seemed to be contagious seeing as I was smiling ear to ear just watching him smile at the little girl.

"Jojo who's the pretty lady." The little girl said getting down from Kings arms and walking over to me.

"My name is Hope. What's your name beautiful?" I said bending down to the little girls who's name I didn't know level. What I did know was that she was the cutest little girl i've ever seen. I don't know if it was her baby blue eyes and blonde hair or the fact that she was a small female version of King that made her so adorbale.

"Samantha, Hope is going to watch you while I go out for a little while okay." King said and I looked up at him suprised but Samantha jumpped up and down excited that I would be watching her.