Chapter Eight:

I was laying in bed listening to Justin and Jason yell at the game for the past half hour. Believe it or not I missed hearing those two idiots argue with ten year old's on X-box. The house didn't feel as lonely when they were here. I hated being alone in this big house. It makes me feel as though I am truly alone even though I know I'm not.  I had my brother even though he wasn't here all the time he I knew whenever I needed him he'd be here in minutes.  I also had Eliza and Elizabeth in my life and I couldn't be more grateful for the twins. From the looks of it I also had a whole new group of friends. But when  I stepped into the comfort of my home I felt more lonely than ever. It was the silence and being surrounded by my own thoughts.  When I think I tend to over think absolutely everything and nothing at all. 

"Your mom is so fat, Dora can't even explore her!" My brother yelled breaking me from my thoughts then seconds later he's laughing. I chuckled a bit myself even though it was rude to such young kid.

"Your mom is so dumb, when she saw the 'Disneyland left' sign, she left." Jason screamed laughing at himself. I got off my bed laughing ready to yell something at my brother and his best friend when my phone rang. I was confused as to why it was ringing.  People rarely ever called me. I picked up my phone from the bed seeing Elizabeth name flashing on my screen.

"Hello." I said with a small chuckle still thinking about what Jason had seconds ago. There was silence on the other side of the phone. The smile on my face turned into a frown. "Hello Lizzy?"

"Hope.. Can I come over?" Elizabeth speaking making me even more worried. Her voice sounded rough as if she just been crying and Elizabeth rarely ever cries. She one of the strongest people I know. If she was crying it had to be one out of three reasons. Her moms home, her cat ran away, and or something happened to Eliza. I'm going to take an educated guess here and say it her mom. Eliza said their mom was coming home this weekend for a couple of days to make sure everything was okay but somehow always makes Elizabeth feel she was doing something wrong. In her eyes Eliza could do no wrong and Elizabeth couldn't do anything right. I saw one of Elizabeth's and her mom's 'encounters' a couple times and it was not pretty. Most of the time when her mom comes home Elizabeth spends the weekend with me but I forgot to invite her over this weekend with everything that's been happening the last couple days. I felt like a really bad friend. 

"Of course you know you never have to ask.. Are you okay?" I said worry clear in my voice.

"I'll explain when I get there." She said with a emotionless chuckle and hanging up the phone on me. I moved the phone from my ear and starred at it in my hands. My once happy mood was gone now I was worried. I couldn't help it. She's my best friend, she's family. Placing my phone back on my bed I threw myself back onto my bed with a annoyed sigh.

A knock on the door made me jump off my bed and rush down stairs. I could hear Justin and Jason calling me but I just ignored them and opened the door grabbing Elizabeth into my arms. She just broke down. It hurt seeing her like this like I said earlier she's family and I hate seeing my family in pain.  Her mother really does a number on her in the couple days she's here a month. The kind a pain a family member causes never really goes away no matter how well you are hiding it. Elizabeth hides her pain through her dark clothes and bitch face when in reality she's a lot more like Eliza then she cares to admit. 

"Hope?" My brother spoke walking towards us. "Elizabeth is that you? Wow you've grown since the last time I saw you. Are you okay?" He asked when he noticed her red eyes.  Elizabeth stepped away from me as he spoke wiping her eyes of tears and looked up at my brother with a fake smile.

"Yeah, I am fine just some family drama. I didn't know you were coming home this weekend." She said taking a step into the house and when she did Justin hugged her. They were always so close. They were so close I used to think they would start dating but he went away to college. He always did something Elizabeth. I think he made her feel unique and she made him feel.... Actually I don't know what she made him feel all I know is she made him happy. Whenever she was here he was always staring at her and smiling and when I asked him about it he would blush and say it was nothing. I never believed him. Jason stepped out of the shadows and gave Elizabeth a shove before speaking. 

"Where's my hug lizard." 

"You don't get one because I don't like you." She hissed playfully at him. "And didn't I tell you next time you called me lizard-" 

"Your're going to cut my dick off with a fork yeah yeah. You keep saying but Jacey boi is still living large." Jason says smirking at Elizabeth making both Justin and I laugh.  They bicker like brother and sister. 

"For now." She said smirking back at him.  

"I'd sleep with on eye open if I were you bro." Justin said laughing. 

"I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you bro." Jason said mimicking my brother. 

"Oh, really what are we? Three." Justin said rolling his eyes at his best friend. I looked over at to see she was shaking her head at the boys.  I just laughed at the two idiots. 

"I'll show you three!" Jason said tackling Justin to the floor. The boys were  now just rolling on the floor one of them trying to stay on top but failing. I watched them try and fail for a couple of minutes until Elizabeth spoke.