Chapter Fourteen:

I woke up breathing heavily and trying to figure out what just happened. I couldn't come up with any reasonable explanation as to why I was dreaming about King. On the other hand I could understand why I was dreaming about my mother because I miss her. They say if you dream about someone it's your minds way of trying to tell you something. Like I said I could understand why I was dreaming about my family. I love and miss my family so much. I miss our family dinners and road trips. I just couldn't figure out the rest of the scenario.
But none the the less I got out of bed and took a shower. After taking a shower I dressed in a dark red dress with my black sandals. Leaving  my hair alone I brushed my teeth, grabbed my bag and left my house.
The drive to school consisted of me screaming at the top of my lungs at some of the songs that played on the radio. But as I came closer to school I lowered my music and the smile on my face turned into a frown. Pulling into the parking lot I parked my car in my usual stop closer to the gate so it would only take a couple of minutes to get inside the building. When I parked I got out my car and walked through the blue doors with my head down and walked toward my locker trying not to bump into anyone.
Reaching my locker I was proud at the fact that I didn't bump into anyone, being the klutz that I am this was an accomplishment for me.
Getting my books out my locker  I shut it and turned only to meet Gabe's glaring eyes. I froze for a second, he had a black eye and his left arm was in a cast.
Did King do all that? For me?
Realizing I was starting too long I looked away and rushed off before he could get any ideas. As I walked off I could feel his gaze following me.  I walked faster having an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach as the first bell rang. Turing my back for a second, I felt my body walk into another body. Groaning I turned and met with a annoyed looking King.
"Sorry king!" I chuckled.
"Watch where your going." He growled bumping my shoulder as he walked away from me. I was confused. I turned and watched him walk away angry. I couldn't figure out why he would be mad at me when I didn't do anything to make him upset. Well at least I don't think I did. Turing back around I had a frown on my face as I continued to walk to my English class.
Walking into my classroom I said good morning to my teacher with a fake smile and sat at my usual seat in the middle of the classroom. A couple minutes later Nik walked into the classroom with a big smile on his face and sat behind me.
"Hey shortcake!" He said placing his bag on his desk. I smiled at him turning in my chair to look at him. "What's with the putty face?"
" Nothing, I'm just tired. " I said honestly.
"So, this weekend..?" Nik asked confusing me.
"What about this weekend?" I asked confused.
"The girls didn't tell you?" He asked surprised.
"No, what's happening this weekend?" I asked still very confused.  
"We're going cliff diving!" He said excitedly. When he first said this I though I misheard him and asked him to repeat it, after he did I started laughing and understood why my friends didn't tell me about these plans for the weekend. "What's so funny?"
" I am not going cliff diving. " I said shacking my head with a chuckle. 
"Why not? Why do you always have to be such a party pooper! Live a little shortcake!" He groaned.
"I'm sorry to be such a bore but heights make me queasy and I can be fun, we just need to do something I can enjoy." I defending myself.
"Yeah? When's the last time you had actual fun?" Nik asked.
"Just last week when we went to that party. " I said laughing at myself.
"That was last week it doesn't count anymore" He said. But I didn't get a chance to respond because our teacher came in and started the class. Today we discussed: Ethos, pathos, and logos, and how and why we need to use them in an argumentative essay. She than began to discuss our options for our essay that we are going to write. We either had to write a: Argumentative essay, informational essay, or an informal essay. I felt as though an argumentative essay would be the easiest to write. I just needed to come up with a claim and counterclaim to write about. I mean their are so many things to choose from. I could write about important causes like: Abortion, texting and driving, the economy, teachers salary. Their are many different causes I could write about. But in this case since its a school essay I'm going to write about Abortion since I know more about it and can clearly state my side of the argument. Mrs. Lee started handing out paperwork for the assignment. When it got to me I handed the last paper back to Nik.
"We are not done talking sweetheart." He whispered as he grabbed the paper from my hand.
"Yes it is. I already gave you my answer." I replied.
"Well you didn't give me the right one so we ARE going to discuss this later." He said not giving me room for argument because the bell had rung and he was already out the door with the rest of the class.
I signed in annoyance while packing up my stuff. He's definitely not taking no for an answer, but I don't like heights they scare the crap out of me. I do not want to be around cliffs for a weekend. Saying goodbye to Mrs. Lee I left the classroom and walked to the cafeteria for lunch. I watched my surrounding areas while walking not wanting anyone, specifically Gabe to pop out of the shadows. I walked into the cafeteria with relief that nothing bad happened yet today. When I reached the table they were talking about their plans for the weekend. I was now annoyed.
"You have to come with us hope." Eliza begged with her puppy dog eyes that no one can say no too.
" Eliza you know how I feel about heights. Besides I can't come I already have plans. " I said lying trying to figure out what can get me out of this devils trip.
"Really now? And what are you doing this weekend?" Jasmine asked with a smirk on her face. She knew I was lying they all did, I never did anything over the weekend but sleep, read and watch tv.
"Umm, im-" I started but king cut me off.
"She's watching Sammy for me this weekend." He said plainly.
"Really?" We all asked and my eye widen at what he was doing.
"I mean yeah, that's what I'm doing this weekend babysitting." I said happy I wasn't going on the devils trip.
"And why would she need to watch Samantha if your not coming with us either?" Luke asked .
Dang, we 're caught.
"I have things to do." He said nonchalantly.
"Are they really both that important that you can't come with us." Nik moaned .
"Yes." King and I said simultaneously. 
---
I hope everyone has an amazing thanksgiving!