Chapter 21

You and the many remaining students stand in excitement for the next challenge, a tournament.
"I'M GONNA BEAT YOU!!" Tetsutetsu yells from his class so you make a face and respond.
"NO I WILL!!" But your war faces crack as you both fall over laughing.
"What a cute uniform huh, Kirishima." Bakugo says to the red head with a grin of mischief but you don't know why although you can see Eijiro sweating bullets.
"You ok Eijiro?" You question so he nods rapidly and looks up to the board that announces the next challenge.

--

"EEHHHH?!" Eijiro yells, almost falling out of his chair.
"It's easy to tell that you like her so you should ask her out." Bakugo tells the teen as his look of rage changes to something else... a look of mischief.
"I-I can't do that!" Eijiro says while shaking his head with his cheeks the same tone of his hair, the blond just scoffs.
"You can too."
"No I can't."
"Yes you can."
"No..."
"Yes."
"...Non..."
"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SPEAKING FRENCH!?"
"Because!!"
Eventually the childish bickering ceases but Bakugo watches Eijiro like a predator watches it's prey.
"I'll ask her out if you don't." Bakugo tells Eijiro making his eyes widen then he merely sighs.
"Whatever she probably thinks of me as a brother...".
"FUCK YEAH I'M RIGHT!!!" Bakugo screams, Eijiro flops his head into his arms.
"Just don't tell anyone." Eijiro whispers so Bakugo scoffs.
"For a short while but if you don't do it I will for you."
Eijiro looks up to his vulgar friend in amazement, usually he respects no one's wishes but here they are making a compromise... well he thinks it's one but hey that's a new level for Bakugo.
"Alright you win."
--
"A tournament huh? So we'll be up in that ring I see every year!" Eijiro yells as he sweatdrops from Bakugo's earlier comment.
"Was it a tournament last year too?" Ashido questions so Sero responds quickly.
"The format's always different. But most years include some kind of head to head competition.".
"Neat." You respond with a grin as you adjust your cheerleader outfit's skirt.
"The matchup will be decided by drawing lots. Once all that is settled we will move onto the festivities and then the tournament itself." Midnight announces as she holds up a box.
"It's up to each of you sixteen finalists on if you participate in the fun. I expect some of you would rather save your strength and take a breather. Now let's start with the first place team." Midnight explains before Mashirao raises his hand.
"Um... excuse me. I'd... like to drop out." He tells her making everyone stare at him with shock.
Yells come from your classmates as they try to reason with him but it is all for naught.
"The Calvary battle... I have no memory of what happened until the tail end. It's probably his quirk that did it..." Mashirao explains as head turn to the direction of the mysterious member of class 1-C.
You look over to Eijiro as Mashirao gives a speech about how he doesn't deserve to be in this competition and soon after Aoyama and a guy name Shouda drop out.
"So manly." Eijiro cries so you giggle while sweatdropping.
"How naive and green...," Midnight comments with a face of anger while raising her whip "I LIKE IT!!".
"Eijiro what is wrong with this woman?" You whisper earning a shrug.
"I don't judge at this point." Eijiro responds.
"Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki will be added into the Calvary battle with Tetsutetsu... wait there's two of them? Tetsutetsu (y/n) takes Aoyama's spot on the bracket.," Midnight announces before turning and whispering "too bad there won't be a fight to the death." with a shrug.
"Eijiro I think I was gonna have to fight someone to the death..." You tell Eijiro as you shake him.
"... That's actually horrifying." Eijiro responds so you nod in response and look at the board.
"Hey you're going against my brother!" You point out as you take note of your match against Ashido.
"Sounds fun." Eijiro announces with a face of shock and maybe terror? Ehh who knows what goes on in his head.
"Y'know I'm kinda excited... but I am worried I'll have to fight against you or maybe Ochako for example..." you tell Eijiro which earns a faint smile and him grabbing your hand.
"Promise if we fight you'll give it your all because that would be extremely manly!" Eijiro yells, his cheeks faintly tinted with pink so you chuckle.
"Alright but you do too... remember it okay?"

HELLLLOOOOO GUYYYS! I'm sorry that I took Aoyama out of the tournament but I didn't really want to make a bunch of characters to add to the bracket because if I did I would have had to introduce them sooner so here was the final solution, attack one of the final teammates on Team Shinsou and have the reader take their place so congrats you get to attempt to beat up Ashido! I have faith in you though so please continue to enjoy my story and for some fun here is a extra little scene.

Extra:
(Eijiro in his head when figuring out he has to fight against Tetsutetsu.)
'WHY HER BROTHER!? IF I BEAT HIM HE MIGHT DISLIKE ME BUT IF I DON'T... AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!'