Chapter I

A/N: Hey guys!! Welcome to the very first chapter of this book!! I hope you're just as excited about it as I am :D but as my beginning chapters normally are, this chapter is shorter than my usual chapters though :p

"Mummy!" A husky little voice began to echo in my ears, and I felt a small body climbing onto my bed and crawling all over me, "Mummy, mummy! It's time to wake up! Wake up!"

I stifled a groan and forced my eyes to flutter open to slits – and I just managed to make out the outline of my 3-year-old son jumping on top of me and shaking me awake. I broke out a little smile and didn't move a muscle – even pretending to snore a little to make it look like I was still fast asleep.

"Mummy!" the voice got louder, "Mummy, it's morning! You have to stop sleeping!"

Smiling again, I let out a playful roar and grabbed the little boy before taking him in my arms and squeezing him in a tight hug – nuzzling my face into his hair and making munching noises which caused him to burst out into delighted giggles.

"You woke me up, you cheeky little monkey," I nuzzled his hair and pretended to bite him, "and now I'm gonna eat you!"

"Noo!" He laughed, "No, mummy, no, no, no!"

I chuckled and instead pressed a lingering kiss to his forehead before giving him another cuddle – making him giggle and eagerly hug me back.

"Good morning, mummy!" He happily rested his head against my chest and tightened his grip around me – making me stifle a groan.

"Good morning, Noah – oh God!" I winced a bit, "Sweetheart, loosen your grip a little. You're hugging mummy too tightly."

My son giggled cheekily and finally let me go.

"Sorry, mummy," he said – his inability to pronounce the letter 'r' properly making him say 'sowwy' instead of 'sorry' (it was still so adorable, though).

"That's OK, bubba," I smiled at him, "so...I guess you must be hungry."

"Yes!" He replied loudly – making me jump a little.

"Alright, Noah. What do you want for breakfast?" I asked him, "And don't say 'cake'," I gave him a look.

He instantly broke out another cheeky grin. "Cake!"

"Oh my God," I immediately rolled my eyes, "I should've seen that one coming."

"Cake!" He said again, "Cake! Cake! Cake!"

"No cake," I told him sternly, "remember, Noah: cake is not breakfast."

"Cake is breakfast!" Noah retorted with a giggle.

"Ughh," I rolled my eyes again, "OK, I'll tell you what. I'll make us both some pancakes. That's the only breakfast cake there is."

"Yay! Pancakes!" Noah beamed at me, "Come on, mummy, get up! You have to make pancakes!"

"Alright, alright, I'm coming," I chuckled fondly and shook my head amusedly at him, "but it's a bit chilly this morning, so why don't you go back to your room and put some socks on darling? You can meet me in the kitchen when you're finished."

"OK!" Noah nodded, "Mummy, will you please make my hair spiky again today?"

"Of course, sunshine," I felt my smile grow, "but breakfast first, OK?"

"Yes mummy," he replied obediently, "should I go get my socks now?"

"Yes, you go and get your socks," I told him with a nod, "off you go."