Chapter IV

A/N: Hello, hello :D How are you all?? <3 here is a new chapter :)) And it's a pretty long one lol

Aurelia

I usually hated it whenever I caught any of the guys here watching me dance – because most of the time, they'd have this gross smarmy smirk on their face while they watched me that honestly made me sick.

However, the man who I caught watching me just now was...different. When I saw him on the other side of the room, he didn't look smarmy at all. He didn't even seem the least bit perverted while he was watching me. He almost seemed impressed by my dancing, and not the creepy type of impressed. Just...normal impressed. Like...he thought I was really talented.

And I found that quite flattering.

I actually do work hard to make sure my dancing is good enough to be seen at the club. But sometimes, I wonder why I even bother – since the only thing the guys here are interested in is my body, anyway – not the way I dance. I've had plenty of compliments on my body...but never on how I dance. And that was pretty fucking annoying.

But this guy...even though he must've been staring at me for a long time, I felt like it was just because he only wanted to watch me dance – not perv at my body. And if that really was the case...then that's actually really nice. He's definitely not like the other guys that come in here, and I found myself...intrigued by him. Just a little.

And the way he smiled at me before was honestly so sweet. The only smiles I've ever received while I'm here were perverted, lecherous grins – so it actually felt quite refreshing to just have someone give me a kind, friendly smile for once.

Also...believe it or not, I even felt sort of comforted after I saw him smile at me. I always feel so unsettled when I'm working here – especially now since I'm on a night shift – and it felt like his smile helped me find solace in this horrible place. And the fact that he looked pretty easy on the eyes didn't hurt, either.

But, when he looked away shortly after (probably called away by some friends), I felt that anxiety and discomfort come flooding right back. And that was probably the weirdest part of it. I don't even know the guy's name...and yet he instantly gave me this soothing feeling that I've never felt in this place before...except when I know that Nick's hanging around and looking out for me. Perhaps it was something to do with the fact that I knew he was different from everyone else that hangs around here.

"Rochelle!" I was abruptly snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of Nick calling for me, "Rochelle, it looks like you've been requested, love."

"Requested?" I frowned a little as I stepped down from the pole-dancing stage, "For what?"

"A private dance, love. For some groom-to-be who's on his stag do," he replied.

"Oh..." I bit my lip, "a...stag do, huh?"

I was hesitant, because I knew that if this was a group of guys on a stag do, they're way more likely to be drunk and...persistent.

"Er..." I began slowly, "who...who are they? The group?"

"They're all just over there – sitting on the leather chairs. It's a group of six guys."

He pointed towards the said group – and as soon as I followed the direction of his pointing finger, my eyes immediately widened.

He was there.

That guy who smiled at me before...he was right there, sitting with the other five men in the party. And as soon as I made the connection between him and the fact that these guys were here for a stag do, I felt myself deflate a little.