Chapter X

A/N: Hello :D How are you amazing people?? Xx

~~~~~

I don't know if I should really do this.

Oh, shut up, Lia. Just shut up. You are not keeping this baby.

You are not raising that scumbag's child.

"Aurelia?" A doctor suddenly entered the lobby calling my name – making me look up and causing her to smile at me, "Good morning, love. I'm Doctor Schafer. Come right this way."

"Thank you," my voice was weak as I shakily rose from my chair and followed her down the hall where all those rooms were.

"You'll need to change into this, dear," the doctor handed me a hospital gown, "you can change behind the curtain in here, and let me know when you're ready to continue."

"OK," I replied softly as she let us into the room closest to the end of the hall, "thank you."

She smiled at me and ushered me closer to the bed and pulled the curtains around me. My teeth came out to nervously bite at my bottom lip as I slowly changed out of my clothes and into the hospital gown.

"I'm ready," I announced quietly once I was done.

The curtains were pulled back, and the smiling doctor appeared once more. She took my clothes and laid them on top of a spare chair in the corner of the room.

"Alright, Miss Scott," she began as she made her way back to me, "lie down on the bed, and I'll give you a few reminders about the procedure."

I nodded and anxiously climbed onto the bed before lying down – waiting for her to continue.

"Right, so first we'll have to dilate your cervix," she began to explain, "then we'll need to give you a local anaesthetic – which will be injected into your cervix. If you want any additional pain relief, we can give you medicines to take by mouth. Then, we'll start on the vacuum aspiration. That should only take about 5 to 10 minutes. After that, you can go home after a few hours or so if all goes well."

"OK," I nodded slowly once again.

"Let's get started then, shall we?" She turned towards a table that had a bunch of freaky-looking tools sitting on a tray – and I immediately gulped as soon as I saw them.

Well. I guess this really is it.

Hold on, Lia. Just stop and think for a moment.

You're about to say goodbye to a growing life.

"I'm just preparing the anaesthetic now," Dr Schaefer announced, "I won't be a moment."

You could be a mother, Lia. You could have your very own baby.

Think about it. Are you really ready to say goodbye?

I felt my teeth nibbling at my bottom lip once again.

This inner voice that kept begging me to stop and think...I didn't know where it was coming from, but I knew that it had a point.

Am I ready to say goodbye to this baby? My own flesh and blood?

If I go through with this...will I be able to look back on this day twenty years from now, and feel no regrets?

Of course you would! A different voice was shouting at me, Who the fuck would want to raise the child of a man like Fletcher?!