Chapter VII

A/N: What's up guys? I hope you're all well :) <3

"Mummy, I don't wanna go to bed," Noah mumbled sleepily as I buttoned up his PJs for him.

"Oh, really?" I smiled at him, "Well sunshine, you look like you do," I then turned him around and ushered him to bed, "go on. Off you go. Bedtime."

Noah sighed and climbed into bed before letting his head fall against his pillows while he rubbed his eyes. My smile grew as I pulled out his bedsheets from under him and covered his little body – tucking the duvet around his chin and chuckling fondly as he gave a big yawn.

"Night-night, sweetheart," I bent down and kissed the side of his head, "I love you so much."

"Goodnight, mummy..." he murmured back – yawning again as his eyes slowly began to close.

I switched on his night light and slowly crept out of the room – leaving the door open by a small crack so that it was easier for me to check on him should I be passing by. I then made my way back to my own room as quietly as I could.

When I made it to my room, I sat down in bed and slid my legs under the sheets – turning my head towards the empty bed space beside me. I placed my hand over the empty side – lowering my eyes a little as I felt how cold it was.

I have to admit...as nice as it was to just be me & Noah, I still feel lonely sometimes. My past experiences with romance have been an absolute nightmare that trying to get back into the dating game should've honestly been the last thing on my mind. But...that just wasn't the case.

Whenever I see Michelle with her husband, David, I can't help but feel a little jealous. David was a very good man who was crazy about my sister – and though I'm happy for both of them, I just wish I could've had someone feel that way about me. I've never been with a man who's actually truly loved me. Not like David loves Michelle.

Well, I suppose for a man to be loving, he has to be a good man first.

And there aren't very many good men out there...not many available ones, at least.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of my phone ringing on my bedside table. I turned towards the phone with a slight frown – reaching out and lifting the phone from the table to check the Caller ID.

There was an unknown number flashing on the screen, but it was a local number – so I was confident that it wasn't one of those stupid scam calls. So, curious, I answered the call.

"Evening. Aurelia speaking," I said.

"Aurelia?" An all-too-familiar deep, husky voice instantly made my breath hitch as soon as I heard it.

"Harry..?" My voice barely escaped a whisper, "Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me," he sounded like he was smiling, "sorry it took me a few days to call. I've been, er...busy."

"Oh no, it's fine. I'm sure you had much better things to do than entertain some lonely single mum and her son," I replied with a soft chuckle.

"No, please don't think that. I really did enjoy our last meeting," he told me, "and, er...I'd like to spend more time with you."

"Really?" I asked him hopefully – unable to fight the smile that was quickly spreading across my face.

"Yeah, absolutely," he replied without hesitation, "er...I don't know what time you usually start work, but I have a day off tomorrow. And...I guess Noah would be at kindergarten, right?"