Chapter XVIII

A/N: Hello, sorry for the wait :) I hope this chapter is worth it xx

"Mummy, when is Harry getting here?!" Noah asked me as he ran around the house excitedly.

"Darling, calm down!" I laughed, "Harry's still at work. He'll come when he's finished, OK?"

"When will he be finished?" Noah asked impatiently.

"Soon, Noah," I told him with a smile, "how about we give you a bath while we wait?"

"Aww..." Noah began to pout.

"Come on, Noah," I made my voice a little firmer, "you haven't had a bath in a couple of days."

"But what if Harry comes when I'm in the bath?" he asked.

"If he does, it's OK. He won't be going anywhere," I smiled at him, "he'll wait until we're finished."

After a moment's hesitation, Noah nodded slowly. "OK, mummy."

"Good boy," my smile grew, "come on, go to the bathroom and start getting your kit off. And no running around the house in the nudie."

At my words, Noah smiled cheekily. "Why?"

"Because we don't run around the house in the nudie," I told him.

Noah giggled but didn't respond, causing me to roll my eyes as I picked him up and took him to the bathroom. When we arrived, Noah started removing his clothes while I ran the bath for him.

"Mummy, I want my Cars towel," he told me.

"OK. I'll get it in a moment," I told him with a smile.

When I finished running the bath and tested the water temperature, I turned off the taps and took Noah to the hallway cupboard so that he could get his favourite towel. I opened the cupboard door, pulled his towel off the shelf and handed it over to him – and he immediately took it with a bright grin before racing back to the bathroom.

I helped Noah remove the rest of his clothes (he still has a bit of trouble taking off shirts) before I picked him up again and sat him in the bath. Noah giggled and began to splash his hands around in the water – and he looked up at me and gave me a cheeky smile before splashing water in my face which made me yelp.

"Hey!" I had to spit out some of the water and laugh, "You little monkey!"

Noah burst into giggles and tried to splash me again – but I just managed to dodge it this time.

"Alright Noah, that's enough," I told him, "don't be silly, OK?"

"OK," Noah replied – giggling one more time before stopping.

I used a jug to scoop up some bath water and carefully poured it over Noah's head to wet his hair.

"Mummy, I have to go toilet," Noah suddenly spoke up.

"What?" I frowned a little, "Why didn't you tell me before you went into the bath?"

"Sorry," he said quietly.

"Oh...it's OK, darling," I sighed a little, "just step onto the mat and let me dry you off first, so you don't get water all over the floor."

Noah nodded, and I smiled at him before helping him out of the tub and patting him dry with his Cars towel. As he started to toddle over to the toilet, I grabbed the little green stool I bought to help him get onto the toilet easier. Noah stepped onto the stool and sat down on the toilet, and I sighed again.

Even at three years old, Noah still sits down on the toilet to pee – because he knows that's what I do. I know he needs to learn how to stand up and pee, but I have no idea how to teach him. Even though I've been coping so far, it's during situations like these when I wish there was a man in the house to teach Noah these things.