Chapter XIII

A/N: I know, it's been a while since I updated this but it's back :)) and this is quite a long chapter too :D

Aurelia

I can't believe I almost kissed Harry yesterday.

After reliving all that trauma with Fletcher as I told him about it, kissing should've honestly been the very last thing on my mind. Except...it wasn't.

Because, for some reason, when I looked at his lips, I felt like kissing them would whisk me away to a whole new universe...and give me a feeling so wonderful that I'd completely forget everything I just told him. And also because, well, his lips looked pretty fucking nice.

I really, really wanted to kiss him. And I was close, too – but then my stupid phone rang. Honestly, how fucking typical. You'd think that that was just a dumb cliché that's always overused in movies and TV shows. But nope – apparently not.

"Wow," Michelle rose an eyebrow at me as she saw me enter the room, "you look especially flash today. What's the occasion?"

"No occasion," I replied casually, "I'm just meeting Harry for coffee before work."

"Oh, again with Harry, huh?" Her eyebrow rose higher, "You know, Lia, I still haven't met this guy."

"I know. And you will," I smiled at her, "just...not today."

"Riiiight," she rolled her eyes at me, "so, be honest with me, Lia: is this a date, or what?"

"No! Well...I don't know," I admitted with a soft blush, "we're just...meeting for coffee."

"Aurelia, exactly how much are you crushing on this guy?"

"I am not crushing on him!" I blushed even more, "L-Leave me alone!"

"Sure you're not," she chuckled, "look, Lia, you don't have to lie to me."

"Wait, what?" I frowned, "I don't?"

She laughed and shook her head. "If you really do like this guy, don't let me stop you. Just...just as long as you're careful, yeah?"

"Oh, Of course, 'Chelle," I assured her, "but, I just...I'll admit, being with Noah is wonderful and all, but...sometimes, I...I still feel lonely," I lowered my eyes, "especially when I...when I see you and Dave together..." I sighed, "you two are so lucky. You're both so in love with each other. That's something I'd really love to have," I looked up at her, "I know how much you care, Michelle, and I love you for it – but I don't want to let what happened to me ruin my chances of having a love life. I want to...I need to get over it, for the sake of my own happiness," I then began to smile a little, "and Harry...Harry is really helping me do that."

"Aw," she finally smiled back, "he sounds like a nice guy."

"He is," my smile grew, "he really is, 'Chelle. A bit mysterious, but...he's definitely the nicest guy I've ever met."

"So, I guess that means you're hoping to get together with him, then?" She asked me with another chuckle.

"Oh...I don't know," I began to blush again, "I'm not expecting anything from him, but...I would like to see where this could go."

"Wow...I never really knew you felt that way, Lia," her face softened out of sympathy for me, "I guess...after what happened to you, I just...I automatically thought you'd never want another man in your life again..." she bit her lip sheepishly.

"I know. And maybe someone who's been through what I have would feel that way, but...not me..." I sighed, "I do want someone. And...so does Noah..."