Chapter III

A/N: Hello, here is a new chapter :) I hope you like it xx

~~~~~~~~

"Aurelia?" The young barista at the counter was holding was a coffee cup and looking around the café, "Order for Aurelia?"

"That's me," I raised my hand and stepped towards the counter, "thank you so much," I took the coffee from her with a smile.

"No problem," she smiled back at me, "have a nice day!"

"You too," I replied before turning away from the counter and bringing to the coffee cup to my lips.

However, as soon as I took my first sip, I realized that I had momentarily forgotten how piping hot coffee in a takeaway cup actually is – and I cursed under my breath before waving my hand in front of my open mouth and sticking my tongue out a little. But as my mouth finally managed to cool down, it turned out that tasting the coffee had actually made me realize something else.

Wait a minute...that didn't taste like a vanilla latte...it just tastes like an extra-strong flat white!

And there's not even any sugar in it...ugh!

Irritated that they'd still given me the completely wrong coffee even though they actually wrote my name on a cup, I put on the calmest face I could and made my way back to the counter – where the same barista girl had just finished serving another customer.

"Er, excuse me," I spoke up before she could serve anyone else, "I don't want to be a pain, but I'm pretty sure you've given me the wrong coffee."

"Oh?" Her eyebrows rose, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Pretty sure," I nodded, "I ordered a vanilla latte, and this doesn't taste like a vanilla latte at all. It tastes more like a strong flat white."

"Well, would you look at that?" an unfamiliar male voice suddenly came up from behind me, "Pardon me for interrupting, miss, but I think I can explain what's just happened here."

I turned around to face the person who'd just spoken – seeing that I had just come face-to-face with a guy who was actually the customer the young woman at the counter had just served when I butted in – and getting a proper look at him now, I saw that he was actually quite cute. He was tall, and he had deep-set eyes with a thick, tousled mop of dark hair on his head and a very charming smile.

"Oh...you do, do you?" Something in his smile had me unable to resist smiling back, "Well, by all means – go right ahead."

"I'm pretty sure that the coffee you got there is actually mine," he nodded down towards the coffee cup in my hand, "because I ordered a flat white with an extra shot. And my coffee...quite coincidentally...tastes just like a vanilla latte."

"Oh..!" I immediately let out a chuckle, "OK. I see what's going on," I then turned back to the barista, "I guess you got our coffees mixed up."

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" The barista immediately freaked out, "It's just...I didn't quite catch on to what types of coffees my workmate said they were, a-and flat whites and lattes look so similar-"

"It's fine. It happens," I interrupted her with another chuckle before turning back to the charismatic man beside me, "so, er...what should we do, then?"

"Well...since I have your coffee, and you have mine...what do you say we just switch cups?" He suggested.

"Oh...OK," I nodded slowly, "er...I've kind of already taken a sip from your coffee though..."