Chapter XVII

A/N: Helloooo :)) I'm so sorry the wait for this has been so fucking long. How's your week been, guys?

"I'm so happy you're doing this, Lia," Michelle told me with a smile as we parked in front of Noah's kindergarten, "and I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, 'Chelle," I smiled back at her before turning towards Noah who was sitting in his booster seat in the back of the car, "OK, my darling, are you ready?"

"Yes!" Noah beamed at me and nodded, "Mummy, can I show you my locker?"

"Of course you can show me your locker," I told him with a chuckle, "let's go, then."

Michelle and I both climbed out of the car before I opened the back door and freed Noah from his booster seat while Michelle got his bag. I lifted him out of the car and kissed his cheek – causing him to giggle as he wrapped his arms around my neck and rested his head on my shoulder.

I followed Michelle through the centre's gate while carrying Noah. We then walked inside the building, and Michelle greeted teachers who were coming and going down the hall by their first name – causing me to bite my lip a little nervously.

Michelle must know all the staff here really well...

Michelle led us to the preschool room and held the door open for us – and I hesitated for a moment before entering the room.

"Good morning, Michelle!" One of the preschool teachers came to greet us straight away, "Good morning, Noah!"

Noah smiled at her but didn't respond – tucking his head into the crook of my neck instead.

"Good morning, Lynette. How are you today?" Michelle asked.

"Good, thank you," she smiled at her before glancing at me, "who's this?"

"Oh, this is Aurelia," Michelle replied, "she's Noah's mother."

"Oh! Noah's mother!" She beamed at me straight away, "It's wonderful to meet you at last, Mrs Scott!"

"You too," I smiled back at her softly, "and, er...it's just 'Miss', by the way. Miss Scott," I said quietly.

"Oh, sorry," she said quickly, "well, er, I'm Lynette – the head teacher of the preschool room."

"Lynette. I'll remember," I promised as I put Noah down.

"Mummy, look!" Noah grabbed my hand and pulled me towards one of the lockers, "This is my locker! See, it has my name on it!"

"Oh, yes I see!" I smiled at him, "D'you want to take your bag from auntie Michelle and put it in there, then?"

Noah nodded and went over to Michelle – who carefully handed his bag over to him. He then went back to the locker, stood on his tiptoes and slid the bag into the cubby hole slowly and carefully.

"I did it!" He announced happily.

"Good boy," I stroked his hair and smiled again.

"Lia, d'you wanna sign him in?" Michelle spoke up.

"Er...OK..." I nodded slowly, "how do I do that?"

"Just find his name on the roll, write down the time you've brought him in, and sign your name next to it," she handed me a pen and gestured over to the roll.

"Alright..." I took the pen and gingerly stepped towards the roll, "let's see..."

I scrolled the pen tip down the roll until I finally found the name 'Noah Scott'. I looked up at the wall clock to check the time before jotting down 8:33 underneath the 'Arrived' column. I then signed my initial beside the time and put down the pen.