Prologue

AN: It's a long prologue, but it's needed for the story

I'm trying to remember how I ended up in this situation.

Leaving.

Hurt.

Lost.

I know that it hurts. I know that feeling of my heart squeezing so tight is because it doesn't know how to break. I think it's inflating itself with so much hatred and betrayal; it's preparing my insides to explode, then collapse into nothing. Or that throbbing ache along the right and left side of my brain, a vibration back and forth and forcing me to clench my eyes. It's probably the spells. I could've done more than I should have.

I guess this time I was running. Running because this time I was sure I was no longer needed or that I no longer wanted to be used. No matter what I told myself, it felt like this was the end. I was carrying so much pain that I hadn't realized it would be such a burden. It wasn't supposed to hurt this much. But it did.

I've been living with my grandma Mimi in a place called Mystic Falls. A small town that seemed to vacate every supernatural being except humans. We were infested, and little did I know, my grandma and I were a part of it.

We kind of were in a coven with old lady Bennett, my friend Bonnie's grandma. We were born into a strong line of witches, but of course, Bonnie discovered it before I had. I guess I was a late bloomer, but that didn't stop me from becoming one of the strong ones.

I guess it's time for introductions.

My name is Brandon Call.

I live with my grandma Mimi because my parents died in the hands of what my grandma calls the enemies. Vampires. The Salvatore's to be specific. Damon in particular, of course, if it hadn't been for his brother saving his ass, my mother would have succeeded in ridding Damon.

But I'm sort of getting ahead of myself. Before I knew about the supernatural world, my grandma told me that my parent's died in a car accident, and she took me in, secretly teaching me about our culture.

What I thought were the native teachings from our ancestors, were the powers she had known all along. Sometimes, growing up, I would hear people whisper about my grandmother being a witch, but I never believed in them. It would be too surreal. Bonnie and I grew up hearing this a lot, and we hadn't given it much attention until Bonnie began believing it all.

I thought she was crazy.

Until I began to notice the strange things going on in life, especially high school and that was the time that Stefan Salvatore came into town –or should I say when he returned and began wooing Elena Gilbert.

Something about him didn't sit right with me, and when I approached Bonnie about it, she sort of felt the same way. I figured maybe he could be some sort of woman beater or something, I just never expected him to be a vampire.

With his arrival, came his brother's -and my grandma insisting I pay attention to everything she needed to teach me.

At first, I had to get in touch with the spirits within me. I thought she was crazy, but grandma mentioned that once I embraced them, I would begin to understand why she needed me to.

My social circle wasn't as big as Bonnie's, and all of her friends seem to change in some ways, and I was put in a predicament I thought I would never be in -Tyler Lockwood's path. I knew that he and Elena's kid brother Jeremy Gilbert had never really gotten along, and they fought over some chick named Vicky Donavan.

Unfortunately, I was a vulnerable teen and naïve at the time, so when the first teen boy that came my way, I thought I had met the one. And that one so happened to be Tyler Lockwood.