Chapter Twenty-One

It was plain to see that this was still new to us.

We were acting like school kids on the first date. We've done this before, but it felt like we were starting over. We both had something to prove to each other. But everything felt in place -right where it should be.

He continued to act like he had to sneak a glance at me- smirking with his half-smile while gripping the steering wheel. I tried my best to act as if I didn't notice, playfully acting as if it didn't make me blush like a fool -but I was. And staring out the window didn't seem to help every time I would turn to see him shake his head, letting out a silent chuckle.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going yet?" He asked, attempting to hide his eagerness.

"No," I smiled. "Just keep driving."

"Well, how am I going to know if we're going to the right place?" He's been pestering me to tell him what I had planned since I told him I was taking him out on a date this time.

"You'll find out when we get there," I said without budging. "Now turn left at the next turn."

Things seem to be getting back to normal –well as normal as they can get.

I moved in with Paul. Even though I practically stayed there most of the time and my clothes were in his closet, I showed up with the last of my things one morning and told him I was home. He teased me by saying that it took me long enough.

Jacob moved in with Bonnie after she moved into the house down the street from us. Like us, it just sort of happened. Jacob showed up at her door with his clothes and his things in the back of his truck, telling Bonnie that he thinks it's about time they take the next step in their relationship. I could tell Bonnie wasn't sure, but Jacob mentioned that now his sister was home with their dad, he wanted to prove that he could take care of my best friend.

The rest of the pack seemed to settle back into routines as well. Quil is staying by his imprint's side. Sam and Emily were married now. Rather than have some big wedding, they decided to have a small ceremony with a few others along with the pack to witness it. Jared was mostly sticking close to Kim.

Other than pack duties and courting some girl in Forks, Embry began getting in touch with a side of him that none of us knew about. He started training with Bonnie and me; learning the powers, he inherited from his mom's side, which was kind of crazy since he was already a shapeshifter.

He now became the first wolf with extra abilities.

Seth has been a different story. After everything that went down, it seems that we barely see the young wolf. He won't tell us of his sudden disappearances, or where he would spend his time. According to him, it wasn't anyone's business but his.

He was still dedicated to the pack, but I could see a part of him was no longer with us though it didn't seem like a bad thing. He was happier now, and I was starting to think that just maybe he met someone.

"Turn here." I pointed to the road that seemed to lead to nowhere.

"Brandon?" Paul gave me a questionable glance, "what the hell is this place?"

"The cars and the big screen doesn't give it away?" I teased him, "we're at a drive-in."

"I didn't know these still existed." He pulled up to the toll-booth.

I paid the admission fee before we finally found a spot. Paul grinned as I told him to park the truck rear-facing. He was surprised when I mentioned that there was a reason I packed blankets and a bunch of pillows with a cooler full of beer and snacks, seeing how the place didn't have a concession stand.