Chapter Sixteen

I needed a distraction -any distraction.

I could see it bothered both Paul and Tyler, but I wasn't giving them the time of day; no matter how much it hurt. The pain would go away in time, but it seemed harder than I expected.

Explaining something surreal to a group of vampires and werewolves was far more complicated than both Bonnie or I expected. Where to begin was the big question because neither of us knew how. They should be able to understand.

"We asked to speak to you two first because we figured that you might be more understanding of what we have to say," Bonnie explained to Carlisle and Sam.

They both stood patiently, stern expressions as they both leaned on the desk and recliner.

"The visions we've been telling you about?" They both nodded, "well, as you know, we had to wait for it to develop into something that might be helpful, turns out it did."

"Or at least we believe so," Bonnie added.

"What do you mean?" Carlisle questioned.

"Well..." Bonnie continued, "the figures that appeared were those close to us, and some of the pack.

"My pack?" Sam questioned.

We nodded. "The first was Elena, that we understood, then Jacob, then Paul."

"None of it was making sense from then because Jacob and Paul were there to protect us from some monster," I added with a quick breath.

"What kind of monster?" Sam asked.

"That, we are unsure of," Bonnie replied, "but after we discovered that Jacob was searching for his imprint, things seemed to get a little more complicated."

"That was until the imprint Paul has on me kind of came forward as an example. We believe the reason Paul was there to protect me was the hint of something we might have to do."

"I'm not following?" Carlisle looked at us puzzled.

"Well... we didn't either," Bonnie said, "but after evaluating the whole thing, we come to realize that there was a reason their imprint was on display." They stared, "It's a possibility that we might have to break another imprint."

"Who's?" Sam spoke up alert.

"Please, calm down, Sam," I approached him, "just listen."

"Well, I want to know who will be affected."

"We can only theorize on it." Bonnie explained, "and I'm not sure if either of you heard of this, but in the vision, something chased us, and its targeted Jacob and his imprint."

"But why?" Sam asked.

"Because they were its parents." Carlisle stared shocked. Sam stared at Carlisle in confusion. "Some believed them to be related to the lycant's side of their breed, but after realizing just how much they terrorized society, they were truly defined as monsters. They kill for sport, and can become very talented hunters when they do need to feed."

"But why kill Jacob and Renesmee?" Sam asked.

"To prove that they're heartless," Carlisle said.

"There's never a single one born at one time." Bonnie added, "If we're correct, the hybrid could birth two to three of the deadliest creatures known to mankind."

"This has happened before?" Sam asked. I observed.

"Two or three times," Carlisle replied, "I've only witnessed one encounter, though."

"How and where?" Bonnie asked.

"The Rockies." He stated as he pulled down the map and showed us a map of BC Canada, pointing at the spot, "She adapted to the environment and fed off of the villages and animals nearby. She wasn't much of a problem until she would savagely kill for sport and target the children."