Chapter Three

^^Brandon Call^^

Bonnie said it wasn't right.

But a life was at stake, so she asked grandma Bennett for her advice -she discouraged it, but even she felt a shifter didn't deserve such a fate.

I was told to give it my best and be aware that there could be consequences to my actions. Now I  wasn't sure. It was my decision to make.

For the past couple hours, I was on the phone asking how I would go about this, and grandma  Bennett suggested I call upon our spirit helpers as well as theirs and ask for a way to help the shifter live on without any ties. I would have to cut off the bond that he once had with the woman who passed. Then my healing powers would most likely be required to help him recover.

"So," aunt Tiffany asked, "any luck."

"I  guess you can call it that." I sat a bit flustered next to her on the sofa. "Bonnie figures that it's possible when she spoke to her grandma,  they suggested that I go forward with caution. Usually our actions bare consequences. And since someone's life is at stake, they suggested I do it, it's just how we are as a people and as a coven. Gram's sure would've wanted it."

"I know she would have," aunt Tiffany giggled, "as stubborn as that woman could be, I think she's proud of you."

When  it comes to these kinds of moments, I wish I could just lie to her and  tell her that her mom would be proud of her too, but she would call me on it and tell me that her mom never did get along, and she wasn't looking  for her approval even after her death.

I still felt at fault because of it.

It wasn't fair that I got to see just how great Grams was when aunt Tiffany, and especially Embry never getting a chance to see that. I'm sure if Grams didn't hold so much pride, she and Embry would have been just as close as we were. I still didn't think it was right for her to blame Embry for any of it, but that's just how Grams was -unfortunately.

"Yet, I could still hear her nagging at me for messing with magic." I figured I'd call her out on her flaws to make auntie laugh. "Well, you can call Embry and let him know I'm ready."

"Alright," she giggled, "I  still can't believe how your powers had fully awakened as well as  Embry's shifter genes. I have a son who's a wolf-shifter and a nephew that's a witch." She laughed once again before speaking to Embry, " Embry honey, Brandon is ready now, where are you... okay he'll be waiting. Bye Bye."

"Why is that?"

"Embry is at Sam's, he should be here soon," she informed before sitting next to me again, "why is what dear?"

"Embry being a shifter rather than a witch like me? I don't get how we wouldn't be the same, especially if we're part of the same family." I  wondered.

"Well," she cleared her throat; "you boys take on both of your father's abilities before your mothers. Since your dad is born a witch, and Embry's father is from this tribe, you both became  something entirely different."

"Can I ask you why you really moved here auntie?" I was always curious.

"Well it certainly wasn't because of Embry's father," she smirked, "but it was more of finding a home to settle in, I was welcomed here at first until Joshua began to act suspicious and begged me to leave. I had nowhere to go, and ever since the news broke, I was always looked down by the people here-especially the women. I'm just happy that Embry doesn't suffer from it anymore. "

"Did he ever get a chance to meet him?"

She shook her head, "Joshua wanted nothing to do with him and passed before Embry even knew who he was. Though I do feel bad that Embry will never who he is, I'm glad that he at least had your dad to fill the  void."