Chapter Eighteen

I couldn't feel a thing. Only if I moved -or tried to move.

Suddenly, I felt cold. My breaths were visible, and my bones felt the chill. It hurt to shiver. My muscles were tender as it seems. My body was immobile. I've never felt this way before. It made me feel so helpless. Incapable. Useless.

I wanted to cry –or scream. Anything to get anyone to hear me, but even so, I knew that I was here alone. I worried that I might be stuck here.

Meddling with death so many times and entering the spirit realm more than I should, it could be possible that I may be here permanently.

It made sense. I've done more damage than good or bad. I've mocked death more than once and come back to tell my friends about it. What better place to put other than nowhere? Maybe this time I was finally facing the punishment, I should have -this was enough to make me want something better.

I only knew one thing now; I was trapped here forever.

It was that heavy feeling that informed me. Or maybe it was the unstoppable hours of lying in the same place, shivering and crying for some remorse.

Forgiveness? I no longer knew. I just wanted the pain to stop. The fear of this being my demise -I tried to breathe.

But time had been wasted. Nights has fallen, and the sun returns, but not as bright as I want it — all in a cycle to remind me that I was stuck in this place.

A dead end.

My goodbye.

*~*~*Bonnie*~*~*

I should've known by now that there would be consequences. But it usually happens to me. I figured that we'd get through this and life would finally take me as it should have a while ago. I thought since I was the one usually caught in the predicament, I'd be the one that would have to face the aftermath –not Brandon- never Brandon.

I knew something was wrong the moment I came back. Nothing felt right the moment I took another breath. The feeling felt empty. Almost. If it wasn't for Jacob, I'm not sure how I would feel. Everything just happened so fast. One moment I was breaking a curse before Jacob took hold of me, then I could feel my body being pulled in so many directions before it came to a halt where I fell on Jacob.

It was the eyes of concern.

The same question running through my head, ran through everyone else's; where are the rest?

Are they okay?

It took minutes, which felt like hours until we could see the orbs of magic come back to life. I was sure that it had to be my best friends along with the hybrid. But nothing could prepare me for had happened. Instead of the ritual called for, somewhere; somehow, we made a big mistake. Brandon wasn't there.

First of all, I was sure that we didn't make it to do what we came here for, that was until Elena bolted forward. My best friend was here, but my little brother wasn't. Whatever he did, what I had done, wasn't enough to bring everyone back.

Of course, everyone seemed excited that Renesmee and Elena were here, but it didn't take long for them to realize that Brandon was nowhere nearby.

Before I could even panic, someone else beat me to it. Just like the tension had been cut in half. Paul stood in the backgrounds, shocked and confused about what happened. I hadn't even known that the wolf was even here until he started to ask me where Brandon was –what I did to him –what we did wrong.

He was upset, and I was confused.

I didn't know what to do because I didn't know where to begin. I wasn't used of all of this. Especially when Jacob immediately came to my aid when Paul started to approach me with threats. Paul couldn't go near me with Jacob now protecting me, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it when he reminded the wolf of pack laws. No one harms an imprint -that was me now.