Chapter Eight

^^Tyler Lockwood^^

Old habits die hard I guess.

I should be used of this by now. I just wanted something different.

Why do I have to be so naïve?

Why do I fall for the bait quicker when I should be observing?

Why did I think Paul was any different?

I knew why I was asking these questions, it was because I was falling for the man.

I sure know how to pick'em.

So what now?

He got what he wanted; I'm sure of it now. Would he be grateful for it? Or is he going to regret it? I hated these questions because I knew the answer. Paul is pretty much like Tyler, and if I'm correct, he's going to blame me for ruining his life once again. I seriously needed to stop giving a shit.

I'm not that convincing when I'm standing on his doorstep either.

But curiosity got the best of me. Since the interaction with Paul, I needed a week to recover, and Paul hasn't really reacted since he was informed about our incident. Apparently, I was close too death if it wasn't for Dr. Cullen's help. This was the type of injury that couldn't be healed through magic, only through time.

"He hasn't moved since," Jared informed, staring blankly from the top of the stairs. "We don't know what's wrong with him, it's like his soul has been drained from him."

"No one knows if he's going to be okay?" I asked concerned.

The man shrugged, a tear falling down his cheek, "he's my best friend Brandon, my brother," he corrected himself, "now he doesn't even recognize me. He won't talk to any of us. It's like he's gone."

"I'm sorry," I muttered, cowardly looking down at my feet.

"Are you really?" He glowered. "Do you really give a shit about what you did?"

This even surprised me. I've never expected anyone other than Paul to be upset with me, but now it could be possible that the entire pack could be pissed.

Quickly I backed away, "of course I didn't mean it, Jared." I fended, "he made me do it, I couldn't help it."

"You should've left!" He grumbled, walking past me with a shove.

What more could I say? Half of the people wanted me to stay to try and figure things out, and the other half preferred I did nothing, the problem was, in the beginning; Jared had some sort of hope for me. Now I screwed that up somehow. Maybe it was about time I did say goodbye while I still could.

I took a deep breath and walked up to the stairs to be met by Sam. At first, I thought that he might have something to say, but he gave me a nod before leaving with his wife in tow. It was just Paul and me again.

It made me wonder why the kept leaving us to ourselves when it never seemed to be a good idea. I was prepared to flee and get away from all of this, but I just couldn't. I don't understand why, but I just found myself... trapped.

There he was -motionless. Staring straight into nowhere -or somewhere.

I figured he'd be too caught up to realize I was there, but then he turned to me slowly. It made me nervous. It scared me when his eyes connected with mine. I couldn't pull away.

It felt as if he as digging deep into my soul -latching onto every bit of what was inside me, holding onto anything he could grasp. I was running, but I couldn't escape from his sight. It was as if he pulled me towards him and held onto me until I could feel his chest press against mine.