Chapter Four

^^Bonnie Bennett^^

"I don't know what to do Bonnie?"

"I can't say that I understand the situation," she sighed through the phone, "especially if the pack is still asking for your assistance."

"Kind of makes me wish I didn't bother tapping into my powers again," I complained, "I knew there had to be a reason they came back this soon. I think I'm being tested."

"And this Paul guy is the only one against this?"

"Yeah," I said, "I can understand where he's coming from, but surely there cant be something so... permanent. Have you ever heard of an imprint?"

"Only when you mentioned it." She sounded just as defeated as I was. "But it sounds like a soulmate type of thing, almost like a spell too -where a person is bound to another person."

"It's enough for them to all believe that Paul will die soon if the imprint isn't broken," I explained, "and I tried to explain to Paul that his brothers need him, and the tribe needs him. But he refused. He loathes me, and the scary thing was, he reminded me so much of Tyler that I almost let my guard down."

"What do you mean you almost let your guard down?" Now she sounded concerned.

"I almost let him win and walked away, but the thing was, I was too stubborn I went ahead with it. Now I'm even more confused than ever." I sighed again, "it's almost as if no believes me when I tell them that Rachel came to me and mentioned determined imprinting. Now I haven't been more confused. I just want to get away from this all."

"No can do magic boy." She teased, "it's in our blood whether you like it or not. It's what we do, and if Paul was brought to your table, this is something you have to fix."

"What about the consequences?"

"Sometimes there aren't any." She said matter-of-factly. "Just go with your gut Brandon, maybe this one will turn out."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm saying maybe this will help you get over you-know-who and find someone good enough for you."

She didn't have to say his name for me to feel like crap. She knew I still thought about him constantly, and I always wondered if I was still on his mind in some way. I wanted to be. I wanted him to miss me, to feel like he had lost his world.

I wanted him to feel what I felt.

"How is he?" I blurted out.

"Still being Tyler." She said without a care. "Even after he became human with the same risks of becoming a wolf again."

"What?" I stopped what I was doing. "What are you talking about?"

"Well, the town has been invaded by travelers that had cast a spell on all vampires that can't enter and it affected Tyler in a different way," she paused. "Because of him being a hybrid, his vampirism faded just as his werewolf gene settled again. If Tyler kills again, he becomes a wolf again."

"Does he want to become a wolf again?" I asked.

"As far as Matt knows, no." She replied unsurely, "but Matt keeps asking how you dealt with Tyler. As much as Tyler tries to act all tough and crap, Matt thinks he still misses you."

"But everyone thinks I'm dead still right?"

"Yeah," she sighed annoyed, "I didn't tell anyone. But do you really think it's fair everyone thinking you're dead? They still miss you."

"I wish I could believe you Bon, but I hate going back to square one all of the time," I said disappointedly. "The place seems to be full of lies. Every time it's always someone betraying someone. Which is why I had grown not to trust in vampires."