Chapter Ten

^^Sam Uley^^

Ever get tired of history repeating itself?

Either I was prone to self-infliction, or someone was really out to get me. Either way, no one could explain to me exactly why I keep ending up on bed rest -healing from my clumsy antics.

Only this time, I didn't know where I was, or the reason I was alone -again.

The room was... somewhat comfortable. It was too dark to actually see where I was, or recognize anything. I know I've never been here before.

"You're awake?"

I turned to see a very concerned Bonnie. She actually looked a little lost and exhausted while she handed me a glass of water. I was afraid to ask what happened, but a big part of me wanted to know.

"Is everything fine?"

She turned back to expressionless. "Things seem to have complicated themselves."

"Oh." I stared down, sighing in defeat. "So Kai won?"

"No," She sat next to me, "they were able to get rid of him, you all did a great job."

"Then what's wrong?" Before I could I ask, I realized it, "Elena didn't make it?"

"Not necessarily," she leaned in to comfort me, "the spell is still intact, and I'm sure with your help, we'll find some sort of way to break it."

"I can't Bonnie, I can't." I didn't mean to let myself go, but it felt as if I could no longer hold in the angst. I was burdened with such a weight that I couldn't hold in anymore. The tears just escaped, "I just keep messing things up, I can't do anything right."

"Give yourself some credit B, you do what you have to do," she pulled my gaze to hers, "listen to me B, you are able to do one thing that I can never do, and that perseveres even though it puts those you loved ones at risk. Sometimes the tasks need to be done."

"Great," I mocked, "I'm heartless."

"You're also great at throwing pity-parties, but we'll leave it at that for a moment." She teased.

"Where are you going?" I asked nervously.

"Umm..." she said with hesitance, "I'm going to say goodbye to Elena."

I hated hearing it, but what else was she supposed to say. Elena was gone, and the chances of bringing her back slim to none, even if Bonnie and I did think of something, it would most likely have its consequences.

But that's the thing, Elena was my selfish sacrifice. So I wouldn't lose Bonnie -I couldn't lose Bonnie. But I knew I had to be there for her no matter what. If I am supposed to help in some way, I'll try my best.

"Listen B, I need to tell you something before I go to the Salvatores." I sat back and waited, "there's a reason the Quileute pack is here."

"They're still here?" I asked a bit nervous.

"Yeah," She gave me a painful smile, "which is why they requested to speak to you while I'm over there."

"You're going to leave me alone with them?" I asked in a panic, "are you crazy? They'll kill me!"

"No they won't," she grabbed onto me, "they're not here to hurt you in any way."

"And what makes you so sure?" I mocked her. "I've seen how brutal they can become when their anger gets the best of them."

"Believe me, I had the same concerns until I spoke to the alpha," she hushed me, "the thing is, none of them are allowed to hurt you."

"What?" I looked at her as if she was crazy, "what the hell?"