Chapter 5 - Sorella

Sorella
Arieon's POV

SorellaArieon's POV

"Rivera do not." Dom warned.

Too late.
I'd normally play with my target before advancing but it was Rivera, who already drew sparks of fire and rage from my very soul.

"Why don't I just show you." I tilted my head.

I was out of my chair in seconds, my drink now all over Luca's face and his shirt. I hit the rim of the glass on the edge of the table causing the top to break, leaving the edges sharp. In the few seconds that followed the room was clear of workers and my right hand fired an upper cut to Luca's jaw and quickly pulled his neck forward to hold it in place, and to get him to look at me. Yes fucking look at me now.

He had me wrong, if he was the cat and I was supposed to be the mouse then this was Tom and Jerry.

I twisted and poked his neck with the glass in my left. He was about a foot taller than me, but it wasn't a hindrance.

"Fuck." Luca hissed as he stared down at me with his eyes narrowed. They glimmered with amusement which annoyed me. I exhaled and prodded his neck with the glass harder.

Our security details knew better than to intervene in fear of switching positions from their comfortable seats to Luca's predicament. However Luca's men had entered the room and our details blocked them from intervening while he glanced at them as to tell them stay back.

"Arieon, calmati liberalo!" Giovanni spoke.
(Calm down, let him go!)

I could feel the frustration, growing and sitting heavy in my head. Oh the balls this man has.

"It would work in your favor not  to underestimate me. Don't let the heels and short skirt fool you. I am not something you're prepared to deal with." I spoke. Giving in to the first thought that crossed my mind; I dragged the glass leaving a cut deep enough.

"Arieon fucking Anderson." Dominic groaned.

Luca pushed me off him and I threw the glass at his feet before walking off.

"Cazzo di puttana orfana!" He called after me.
(Fücking orphan bitch!)

I gave him no response and continued to walk off. Giovanni and Jules followed me.

The car ride home was very short, because; I was lost in thought, but at the same time thinking of nothing. Did that make sense? I really don't know...

Gio opened my door for me and I got out.

"Arieon." He started.
However I ignored him and went inside and up to the gym room.

I kicked off my black pumps to the side and opened a locker.

"Mio sorella." Giovanni called out.
(My sister.)

I ignored him as continued to dig within the locker.

Luca was completely irritating. Everyone always want to tell me what to do if not that they underestimate me.

So what, I wear heels once in awhile, but that should never be an indication of how well I can handle myself or more like to how much I can't. Maybe it wasn't the heels, I knew that for a fact that the idea of a mafiosa, a woman in the mafia, was a trophy wife, damsel in distress, or a waitress and hardly was a woman actually fighting for the family.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Giovanni walked up to me and pulled the gauze and gloves out of the locker.

He went over to the bench and sat down, "Well..."

I walked over to him and forced a small smile.

He pulled me down to the bench. "You cut him pretty bad." He laughed, as he took my right hand and started to wrap it with the gauze.

"That was the point." I grinned.

"I can't believe he just took it."

"Same here. I was expecting a full blown fight."

"He might have started one if you didn't leave when you did." He said as he dropped my right hand which was now wrapped and took my left.

True. Who could tell what would've happened.

He was finished with the hand wraps and laced up my gloves.

"Grazie." I smiled and went over to the punching bags. (Thanks.)

I set into my stance with my chin tucked, eyes forward staring at the bag. I raised my hands and tucked my elbows in. I let go a swarm of jabs with my left hand, exhaling sharply with each hit. I was a right handed fighter, so I sent a heavy, weight fueled cross punch with my right hand.

"Yeah!" Gio called out.

I continued training on the bag for fifteen more minutes.

I finished up bag training with a series of hooks thrown from both hands.

"You done?" Gio asked.

"Nah. I'm gonna jump some rope. You can take off the gloves now though. So you can leave." I chuckled. I knew he would wanna go find Mia.

He unlaced one of my gloves and pulled it off.
I took it with my free hand and smiled at him as he left.

~~~~~~

I stood in front of the college gates, wondering if to go inside.

I took Mia's advice this morning and tried to be more aware of my surroundings.

Mia had walked ahead of me and she still thought I was behind her. She was waving her hands around and speaking.

I couldn't see him but I knew Jules was somewhere watching me. I scanned my surroundings and noticed a familiar face peeping from behind a newspaper sitting on a bench. He caught my eye and shook his head, warning me, thinking I was ready to bolt.

I'm tired of having everyone breathing down my neck.

This was my chance.
To do something stupid.

I sighed and walked forward, into the college.

"You mean I've been talking to myself all this time." Mia laughed from a few steps ahead of me.