Chapter 13- The Dog Whisperer

The Dog Whisperer
Arieon's POV

I had a class after lunch and got to meet my tutor

She was a slim woman with curves all in the right places. She was a blonde, a fact to which I rolled my eyes at all through class.
Her name was Amanda Rioux, which I thought fit her.

Luca was leaving the house at the same time she was and you could predict her behavior. Her legs literally went weak, she was wobbly and put on a smooth voice when trying to talk to him.

She behaved the completely opposite  way with him than she did with me.

He hadn't paid her much attention until he scanned her over then took a quick glance at me and started to give her a smile I had never seen on him before.

"How was the session? I hope she wasn't much of a bother. " He asked her.

"We covered a lot but she seems bitter and unhappy about her life." I whispered.

"It was amazing and she was just perfect." Ms. Rioux lied.

Throughout the session I gave her a lot  of backchat, she was being a bitch. My response was called for.

"Wonderful." He smiled and eyed her once more.

Good to know he's only an asshole when it can't benefit him, that is, when he can't screw the person.

Lorenzo had entered the room and pulled me off to the pet room.

"Stay behind me." He instructed as we entered the room.

"Stay." He said to the dogs.

"Rosa come." He called as he squatted to the floor and waited for her.

"Hey." He said and jabbed my shin lightly with his elbow and I took a knee next to him.

"Okay let her sniff your hand, if she licks it then pet her head." He said as he scratched behind the dog's ear.

Rosa was a rottweiler, around her neck and mouth was a golden brown as well as her paws and halfway up her legs. She was just as tall as Lorenzo and I since we bent down.

I lifted my hand and she put her damp nose under it making me smile as it tickled a bit.

She put her nose over my hand now and then gave it a lick.

I turned to Lorenzo and smiled and he nodded forward, urging me to pet her now.

I put my hand to her head and slowly rubbed it, then she responded by licking my wrist so I picked up the pace.

"Good girl." Lorenzo said as he offered Rosa a treat.

We went through the same sniff and pet procedure with Ruggero, the bulldog and Marco, the pit bull. Marco took some work though, he tried to bite my hand, eyed me weird but when treats came in he was my best friend.

After introductions we went through a series of commands with each dog now we were at the washing station to give them baths.

It was a pretty big area in a back corner of the room with short tiled walls and a glass door. It was just short enough that it reached just under my belly button when kneeling beside it to wash Marco.

I was scrubbing shampoo on Marco when I got sprayed with water.

"You did not." I turned to Lorenzo.

He smiled and offered a shrug of his shoulders in reply.

I jumped at him and got my dog shampoo fingers into his hair.

We were laughing so hard, he fell back to the floor. I was straddling him and he was trying to fight me off with the shower hose.
"Ahhh! St-st-op!" I wheezed out between laughs.

Then he started tickling my sides and I fell off him and then the door burst open.

The laughter ceased and we looked up to see Luca.
He scanned us over for a few seconds as we got up and straightened our clothes while stifling back our laughter.

He whistled and Marco jumped out of the station and out the door. Luca then slammed the door shut.

I turned to Lorenzo and we started laughing again, my shirt was drenched and his hair was wet.

"Let's wash Rosa." He said between laughs.

"Va Bene." I smiled.
(Okay.)