Chapter 19- A Wife; A Trophy

A Wife; A Trophy
Arieon's POV

A Wife; A TrophyArieon's POV

"I won't hurt you." He exhaled as he offered a smile.

"Damn right piccolo Toscani." A voice snapped from behind me, before I had the chance to tell Franco myself. I spun around and Julius walked over to me. (Little.)

"Let's all enjoy our night and celebrate..." He said as he motioned for me to walk ahead and I obliged, leaving Franco in the hallway behind me.

We entered the ballroom and I examined it, it was huge, there were tables all around the edges of the room, with a buffet on one side, a bar in one corner and a large dance floor in the middle.

I then came to notice that there were already a good bit of eyes on me so I made my way to the bar as Julius went to a corner of the room.

"I'll have whiskey. Neat. Oh that one." I said as I pointed out my favorite.

While the bartender poured out my drink, I looked around and noticed all the not-so-subtle stares and whispers about me.

"Vieni con me." A voice which I knew too well now said as the owner came up next to me.
(Come with me.)

"Well. It would serve you well to use manners and not call me like some cagna." I spat out as sweetly as I could while I picked up my drink.
(Bitch.)

"There's people I'd like you to meet. Business colleagues. So behave." He huffed through gritted teeth and I turned to look at him. Luca grabbed my elbow before I could respond and guided me over to a group of men which included his father.

"This is Arieon." Luca smiled to the men as his hand went to rest on the small of my back.
Great I'm a trophy wife.

I took a sip of my drink, uninterested in the introductions.

"Congrats to you both." One man chimed.
"You're quite beautiful." Someone said and there was a clamor of agreements.
"Stupefacente." Another added. (Amazing)
I smiled a bit to acknowledge them.

"Though whiskey isn't really a woman's drink no?" One of them laughed.

"One should drink what they are capable of holding down, no?" I smiled and clinked my whiskey glass to his champagne flute. The rest of the men laughed and Luca wore a small smirk.

I saw a slight look of disapproval on Silviano's face but to hell with him and all these sexist men.

Something caught my eye, it was the flash of a camera, then the person came closer.

"Just taking a photo, you know what they say, it lasts longer." Lorenzo smiled as he approached me and then pulled me away from Luca's lingering hand on my waist to hug me.