Chapter 17- The In-laws

The In-laws
Arieon's POV

I sat between Lorenzo and Luca the whole ride and tension between them was evident, heck if you waved your hand through the air, you could feel it

I wasn't completely aware of everything from last night but I do remember the man Luca killed and that he picked me up. Details were fuzzy. He hadn't told me anything about sneaking out so I guess I hadn't gotten into much trouble, but I'd surely ask Lorenzo what's cooking.

We got to the court and both men got out the car and were waiting for me to come out with them. I was here to marry Luca so I saw fit to get out on his side. When I did, I turned to Lorenzo and mouthed a small "Sorry." To him.

Then I turned back to face the court and stood next to Luca with Jules on my other side.We walked up the long stairs and the doors were opened for us. The hallways were busy and bustling. A man came up to us and ushered us into the courtroom.

Dominic and Giovanni were seated on the right side, Mia was next to them with Marie seated on her lap. Their attention snapped towards us as we entered. Dominic's worried look softened a bit upon seeing me, Giovanni's face completely lit up and so did the girls'.

Marie hopped out of Mia's arms and ran over to me. I picked her up and kissed her cheek, "Hiya sweetie." I forced a smiled. She blushed in a reply and had a smile behind her pacifier. I walked over to my brothers with Marie on my hip.

Dominic hadn't let me put her down, he crushed my free side with a bear hug and held on for a long moment. He broke the hug by kissing my forehead twice then finally let Gio hug me and do the same. I gave Marie to Mia when I broke our short hug.

I sat down between my brothers, Lorenzo and Luca sat on the other side.

"Okay. Let's proceed, I'd like IDs, birth certificates and the marriage license please." The judge said after we all took our seats.

I was kinda nervous now. I had all right to be, or maybe I'm just overthinking it all. It's simple right, just sign these papers and live your normal life as if you're not even married.

I let out a shaky breath which Dom picked up on and he held my hand.

"Okay. Luca Rivera, do you take uhh Arieon Anderson as your wife?" The judge asked him.

"I do." He said in his usual bland tone.

"Do you Arieon Anderson take Luca Rivera to be your husband?" He turned to me.

Let it flow out confidently. This is your responsibility to the family but this is me giving away a piece of my future.

"I-I do." I breathed.

"Okay." The judge said as he sent over papers for us to sign and he stamped them once they were back to him. "Congratulations Mr and Mrs Luca Rivera." He announced.