Chapter 16- My Wife; My Responsibility

My Wife; My Responsibility
Luca's POV

She was drunk, or something of the sort

She disobeyed me by coming down here and I had to fucking kill one of my best advisors, wise guy nor not. He touched her and I'm sure he would've hurt her.

I'd say fight her but the state she was in she seemed like she could barely hit her target.

Though I'd fucking pay to know how the hell she managed to sneak down here. I glanced around at the room and the employees were no where to be seen.

God this fucking woman could make my head pound. I was damn near to yelling again then I realized that I was very close to Arieon once more and this time it wasn't the product of a stumble, but it was one I doubt she'd remember.

"Why do you call me yours." She slurred and her breath fanned my neck and I tensed up.

"Because you're mine- you're my responsibility now." I spat.

I looked down to her and raised my hand to her cheek. Her skin was soft and pale against my hand. Her eyes were drooping so I took a few steps back, remembering she was drunk.

"Come on." I grabbed her wrist and dragged her along.

I came here with the sole purpose of giving someone a cement coffin, it turned out to be one of my best men. News of a rat in the family got back to me, granted that I had a shoot first, ask questions later plan. Arieon might have saved me from killing the wrong person. I rolled my eyes.

Meddling teen.

She dragged along behind me and irritated me further. I turned around and pulled her to my chest. I bent a bit to let her head rest on my shoulders and draped her arms around my neck. Then I wrapped my arms around her waist and straightened up, lifting her off the ground.

Her feet hit the middle of my shin as I walked.
She was like a child, which was a statement she might actually slit my throat for.

******

When I got home Lorenzo approached us.
"What did you do Luca." He said as he reached out to take her. I brushed past him and went to the stairs. Like hell was I letting him touch her.

"What did you do Luca?" He pressed.

"You really think I knocked her out." I scoffed, and twisted slightly to face him. I was holding her bridal style now and I tightened my grip as he glared at my hands. I had to suppress a smirk.

"Why shouldn't I." He spat.

I didn't respond because he very well knew I could have done it, as did I. I couldn't gather the amount of times in a day I wanted to give her a serious headache. "Hmnn." I turned around.