Chapter 20- Colombo

Colombo
Arieon's POV

ColomboArieon's POV

"Arieon." Luca called, I turned my head to face him, he was just approaching me and stood to my left.

"Join me?" He asked, but I knew there was only one answer in any case.

Is he really asking me to dance.

I looked back to Lorenzo before I grabbed Luca's outstretched hand.

He led me to the dance floor and I put my left hand on his shoulder, my ring was on display. He gripped my waist firmly and then took my right hand with his free one.

I avoided his gaze and glanced around, other couples were joining. There were a few stares from young women, their eyes shifted from Luca to my ring whereas the ones from the men were marked on my body and then to Luca.

Weren't we just the couple of the night.

I looked just over Luca's shoulder and down his back. We stayed like this for awhile. My view changed as I was spun about three times and then was steady on Luca's face. We were staring into each other's eyes and I could see a flare of yellow around his irises, which reminded me of his mother's. I turned away and looked at my dress.

"Arieon. Why do you test me, in every way possible." He breathed against my neck.

"What do you mean." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Just what I said." He said before shrugging my hand to rest around his neck and moving both his hands to my waist. I placed my free hand behind his neck now and interlocked my fingers.
We were closer this way, a way we had only been about two times before. No, three but this time it wasn't an accident nor was I drunk. My breath sorta hitched at the thought.

He pulled away but not before giving my waist a not so subtle squeeze. "We have to speak to the new Toscani don." He said.

"Is he named Franco?" I raised my eyebrow and Luca did the same which indicated that I was right.

"He was lurking in the halls, and we ran into each other." I elaborated a bit.

"Io vedo." Luca breathed. (I see.)
"The Volta are here as well, but we can meet with them later. Let's go, shall we." He said he let go of me, but kept my right hand in his left and pulled me along. I gazed at our connected hands, I could faintly feel the way our palms and fingers brushed as we moved. My eyes traveled up his arm and to his eyes, he was looking at Jules and signaling him over to our destination. So he'd be with me, just in case.

We went to the other side of the room, away from the bar and where we were seated.

"Arieon."

"Dom!" I said as I turned to face the voice and let go of Luca's hand. I didn't even look at him I just went to hug him.