Chapter 28- Ivory Skin and Icy Blue Eyes

Ivory Skin and Icy Blue Eyes
Arieon's POV

Ivory Skin and Icy Blue EyesArieon's POV

"Y'all are cheating." The rugged mafioso who I came to know as Raines waved his gun around carelessly.

"Mind my wife. I'll cut a hole in you and stuff it with that same g-" Luca started.
"My apologies." He held his hands up before putting the gun down.

I ignored their exchange, well I tried but hearing him call me his wife made my heart jump within my chest, of a sort of fright. A sort of guilt.

I was with Lorenzo-and well the threat, it was just a part of this game-

"We win!" Luca cheered, which startled me- the irony that is, of how I just-anyways.

He leaned over the table to high five Pietro. We had come over to the house of the governor. The freaking governor of California, Mr Thomas Vega.

On the way here Luca explained to me that he is good friends with the Governor, through his sports club, but I wasn't buying it.

After a little eye roll he told me the whole truth, the Governor needs good security with all these mafias in business around, and The Rivera is the best.

Why would Luca ever let a government official know about his truth? Because the governor wasn't much of an honest man himself.

He used the reach of the mafia to put his opponents out of the race, and six feet into the ground. He rigged the political system in his favor, all with the help of Luca and in return Luca has a pass to bring in whatever the fuck he wanted to into the state without it being checked, all under Vega's name.

Sure he could've smuggled shit over but this way he could bring tons of product in a third of the time and as far as getting it to every other state he just had to use these trucks with Vega's name on it. Heck if Vega ever went for president he'd have even more of a hold on the world than I understood his father to have.

My family had been doing very well without the help of the government but as it is, joining with the Rivera definitely had its perks.

The security was very much needed as every other mafia family knew what was going on and would definitely like to get their own import pass. Luca always specially employed men which guarded the governor, nobody that was ever seen with working with Luca could work with Mr Vega.

Anyways we here here for a baby introduction party. Mr. Vega's wife gave birth two months ago and he threw this party for everyone of importance to finally meet the new addition. You'd expect there to be a lot of paparazzi but he didn't allow it. However the room was packed with government officials, their families, Narcos, mafiosos,  the usual.

"Cheaters." Raines huffed. The guys were playing cards and I was sitting at Luca's side, referred to as some good luck charm. Though the whole vibe of the room changed when I had stepped away from him early tonight to get a drink, these men were like they had spent their lifetime in the desert without a drop of water touching their lips.