Chapter 32- Pride Is A Bitch

Pride Is A Bitch
Arieon's POV

They were to the end of the hall, but what I honestly couldn't wrap my head around was the fact that Luca was pinned to the floor by Pietro

They were to the end of the hall, but what I honestly couldn't wrap my head around was the fact that Luca was pinned to the floor by Pietro. "What's breaking shit gonna solve?" He yelled to Luca. "Breaking your nuts would get me off the floor." Luca huffed before Pietro let him go and both men stood up.

How on Earth could Luca like anyone so much, as to let them pin him to the floor?  To even wrestle him? To get in his way? 

"Dellucci." The call of my name snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hmnn." I hummed automatically in response, as I turned my full attention over to them. My eyes fell on to Luca, particularly the big blotch of blood on his grey crew neck. His shoulder was still bleeding.

Before, they could ask or say anything else, I spoke up, "I heard..." I trailed off because I wasn't sure exactly what the hell I heard. I glanced down to the floor at their feet. There was shards of glass all over and the carpet seemed to be soaked; suggesting that they broke a bottle of alcohol. I couldn't imagine what the room they came out of, looked like. 

"I'd like to speak with you." Luca broke the silence. 
"Oh now we're civil?" I chided, as I brought my eyes to meet his and folded my arms. 

"Arieon. Please." He shut his eyes and shook his head slightly. His eyebrows furrowed, and he raised a hand to his temple. Well he certainly wasn't in the mood, but neither was I. I wasn't going to be civil when he felt I should be.

"No." I seethed to my satisfaction.

"Questa donna maledetta." He whispered under his breath. (This cursed woman.)

"Listen. It's just a briefing. So before you wake up in..." He started with a threat.

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say, especially your empty threats." I scoffed.

"There's nothing empty about them," His eyes narrowed, "and you know that." He raised an eyebrow. A crooked smirk played on his lips.

"Whatever Rivera." I rolled my eyes.

"Well!" I barked after a few seconds of silence.

"Afraid to be in a room alone with me?" Luca taunted.

I stalked down the hall, closing the distance between us and grabbed Luca's injured shoulder, squeezing it as, if we were old business associates greeting each other. He groaned in response, but the snarky expression on his face didn't falter once.

Though his eyes seemed weary. "Feeling a bit dizzy are we? You should put a bandage on that." I plastered a big smile on my face before pushing him aside roughly and stepping over the shards of broken glass that was sprinkled everywhere. As I entered the room that they were fighting in, I wiped my hands clean of his blood on my tank top. I glanced around; almost all of the furniture was in pieces all over the break room.

Luca entered the room, and let out a breath with a chuckle rattling within it. "Well I need a drink." He said, as he walked past me and and made his way to the sink.

"So I've to go to Russia, to meet with..." he paused.

I stopped glancing at the furniture and focused my gaze on Luca, who was bent over the sink. His shirt was now on the counter.

There wasn't much light in here. I looked up to the walls.

'Well how the fück did they break that.'  I thought to myself, as I put my eyes back on Luca.

I could faintly see the blood, dripping from his shoulder down to the sink. I took a few steps closer to him and could now see the bright red, running down his abdomen. As silly as it might sound, it was on the tip of my tongue to ask him if he was ok. Honestly it made me laugh, how could I want to show sympathy after being the whole reason he was bleeding. He made a face as he lifted his injured arm to turn the water on, rinsing his hands quickly.

"To meet who?" I finally collected my thoughts.
"A very influential man." He answered, before he turned the water off and made his way past me and out the door. I rolled my eyes and sighed in annoyance while I walked out to the hallway. As I avoided stepping on any glass, i called out to him, "Well what is he in to? Politics, drugs, arms? People?"

I stood out in the empty hallway now. I guess Pietro had left.

"A little of everything." Luca's voice slightly echoed through the halls. I traced it to his office and walked down the corridor until I was standing in the doorway. Luca was leaning against the front of his white desk, which made the spots of red splattered on it pop. He was trying to bandage up the stab wound himself.

The lighting in here was better, and it brought my attention to another tattoo,starting  just under the wound and stretching across his pec. I probably fucked up it's aesthetic with the scar that's gonna remain there. 

"So like, why are you telling me about him?" I whispered while ignoring thoughts that screamed at me to go over and help Luca. I couldn't do much anyways, him and I both knew that he needed a doctor. He was just too proud to admit it to himself.

"As I said, I've to go meet with him. You, being my wife, should meet him as well." He continued his fight with the gauze. "It would be good if you met him, the more people you know, the better."  He finished.

Going to Russia with Luca wasn't the best option, since both of us could barely be in one room for five minutes. Though I didn't really have an option. If Luca and I were actually together, if we were actually in love there was no way he'd leave me in California. I observed him still struggling to bandage his wound and decide to just press the gauze against it.

"We will leave on Tuesday." I stated.

He gave me a look, mixed with pain and confusion.

"I'm going to my house for two days." I added. He carried on with his wound while I turned around and made my way out. I made it a couple feet down the hall; before, I turned back. I stopped in the doorway as I noticed Luca barking into his phone, "Now, Doc!" He slammed the phone on its receiver and looked up to me. He grunted in frustration and shook his hands around, as to ask what I wanted.

I was going to say that I wanted Lorenzo to come along, but the last thing I guessed Luca needed was his big bad Russian friends learning about this.

I shook my head and left again.