Chapter 22- Not Your Typical Bar Fight

Not Your Typical Bar Fight
Arieon's POV

About five days went by, and the usual morning routine was observed between Arline and I

About five days went by, and the usual morning routine was observed between Arline and I. We'd get up, have breakfast and leave the boys to clean up and feed themselves.

Though when I bumped my ankle booted body down to the kitchen, she was dressed impeccably and standing next to some luggage.

"Arline?" I called.

She turned to me and smiled, "Oh darling, I didn't think you'd wake." She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me, I did the same.

"Are you leaving? Don't you have two more days?" I asked as she pulled away.

"Yes we did, but we always leave places earlier or later than planned as well as take trips suddenly, just as this one. It's for-"

"Safety." I finished.

"Yes dear." She smiled. I wasn't ready for Arline to leave. Honestly the house would become a drag I'd have nothing to look forward to.

"I made you breakfast, I wouldn't have been able to eat with you so I made just enough and those boys wouldn't dare touch it." She grinned and waved a hand to the covered plate on the breakfast bar.

"Alright."

I turned around, Lorenzo brushed past me with a suitcase in his hand and then Silviano.

They went over to stand with Arline. Then Luca appeared.

"Let's get a photo." Lorenzo pulled out his phone and faced the little family. Arline was in the middle of her loves. Silviano's eyes were on Arline, they were settled softly and Luca gave his mother a peck on the cheek.

"Arieon." She called me.

"Huh?"

She urged me over to her.

"Arline, I-" I stammered as I pulled on my silk shorts and gestured to my ankle boot. I'm not photo ready.

"Come on." She insisted. I dragged my self over to them and Silviano walked away. I ignored his disrespectfulness as I pushed down the thought of grabbing his fedora off his head, folding it up and shoving it down his throat. I fiddled with my bun as I went to stand in his place.

"Leave the bun child." Arline swatted at my hands,
"You look ravishing."

I glanced up at her but rather than gave her a fake look of sadness my eyes caught Luca's and they widened a bit.

I exhaled as I was pulled out of thought by a flash.
I looked to Lorenzo and his manner flickered for a second. I smiled as he took another. Then felt lips against my temple.

I waited until the photo was taken before I turned to smile at Arline, though it wasn't Arline who kissed me. I was staring into green eyes again.

"Lor, these are wonderful!"

I broke the stare off and turned to Lorenzo and Arline, I hadn't even realized she'd move from beside me. She brought the phone to me and showed me the last picture.

"Oh my." She smiled and then went on to talk to Lorenzo.

I could feel Luca's eyes on me still and I walked off to the breakfast bar, trying to escape the awkwardness I felt. Sure pretend you like me all you want, hold my hand, dance with me but don't fucking kiss me.  Maybe I just wanted to fight him. Take out all the anger I had in me. My fists haven't kissed a punching bag in a while, not since I came here.

I hoisted myself onto the high barstool and uncovered the plate, I found an omelette with bacon bits and it made me smile.

"Okay okay, kisses and hugs. Now." I heard Arline call. I was too focused on my breakfast, I picked up a knife and fork and started to eat.

"Where's my girl?" I heard her call, though I was really digging into this omelette, someone came over and I heard the fridge open. A moment after a glass of orange juice was placed next to my plate.

I looked up this time. "I know it's your favorite." Lorenzo smiled and then his gaze turned to Luca who had his arms crossed and he leaned on the wall.

Arline came over and hugged me, she gave me a peck on the cheek and then she was off.

Once I heard the front door close, I jumped down from the barstool and waddled over to Luca as fast as I could with this boot.
Finally a chance to deck him.

I rocked my weight back and threw it into a cross punch which connected loudly to his jaw. He grabbed my forearms and twisted them. I kicked at his knees with my right foot, scowling in pain at the slight period I was standing on my injured foot. I finally got his thigh good. My arms were free.

I was about to punch Luca again but his hands were around my neck now.
"Luca." Lorenzo huffed.

His grip got tighter which each second, I could still breathe, he was putting more pressure on the sides than on my airway. I looked him in the eyes and he loosened his hold a bit. "Really?" He hissed.

"Rivera." I heard Jules call but I couldn't turn my head to see him. "I need you to let her go." He said and I could see him now, he had a gun on Luca's forearm. "Let go. Or I'll shoot off your arm."

Luca let me go and pushed me back, I stumbled backwards and caught the breakfast bar to stay steady. The plate of food Arline made for me was hit off the tabletop and broke with a bang as well as several clinks. I took in deep breaths and tried to resist the urge to go at Rivera's throat, again.

I took two steps forward and I was held back by Lorenzo. Luca scoffed before leaving.

I pushed Lorenzo off of me, "What the fuck has been going on between you guys?"

"What are you talking about? Shouldn't I be asking you that!" He threw his hands up.

"The stares, and the tension" I shot back.

"It's between all of us."

"There shouldn't be any between you and him."

"It's nothing."

"Oh I bet it would clear up a damn lot." I huffed.

He just shot me a glare before leaving.

I put my hand to my neck, I could feel the blood pulsing and I cleared my throat as I walked out of the kitchen.