⌜ twelve ⌟

jaemin smiled as he hugged her

how are you?❞ the girl questioned

jaemin pulled away from the hug and gave her a pout ❝he is not treating me well.

the girl laughed ❝who? the guy you were with at the supermarket?

jaemin nodded. ❝lee jeno.❞ jaemin stood up from the bench and took a bow in front of her ❝i'm sorry i didn't greet you properly.

she tilted her head as she didn't understand what jaemin was saying and doing. why is he bowing in front of her?

your highness.

she quickly stood up and hit jaemin's head ❝idiot. i told you not to call me that!

jaemin wailed in pain ❝ouch! but why?

you make it sound like i'm a princess or something.❞ she crossed her arms

jaemin smiled ❝are you not?

she looked away ❝i am but you are my friend, just call me noona.

highness noona.❞ he giggled

she sighed, she was so done with jaemin. the girl sat back again in the bench and just stared at the kids playing in front of them.

the two decided to meet up at the playground, that was far from jeno's apartment, after years of not seeing each other.

did you find his grandson?❞ she broke the silence between them

jaemin hummed as a response ❝yeah.

how is he?

🐱

jaemin?

jaemin turned around and saw jeno looking like he just woke up. the older rubbed his eyes and yawned.

why are you still awake?❞ he said while going inside the kitchen, getting a glass of milk

i can't sleep.❞ jaemin said. ❝are you not mad at me?

jaemin was thinking that jeno would get mad at him because chenle saw him and he is now adding problems in jeno's life.

nah, it'd be nice for you to make some friends anyways.

jaemin stood up from the sofa and followed jeno from the kitchen.

jeno smiled, proud at what he said, and turned around from the kitchen counter only to see jaemin standing in front of him.

he choked ❝stop doing that!

jaemin giggled ❝i'm sorry.

jaemin placed both of his hands at the kitchen counter and watched jeno finishing his glass of milk.

i also want some milk.❞ jaemin said with a pout

jeno placed the glass at the kitchen counter and smirked at jaemin ❝you go get at the fridge.

i think the one at the corner of your lips is much more yummier.

jeno's eyes widened as he saw jaemin leaning forward and did the most unexpected thing. the cat person licked the milk at the corner of his lips, making sure he won't touch the older's lips so that he won't turn back into a cat.

j-jaemin!?❞ jeno panicked and pushed jaemin away

the younger giggled ❝yummy.

jeno blushed and ran towards his room, making sure he locked it, and covered himself with the covers. he left jaemin at the kitchen, still smiling.

jaemin then frowned as he remembered something.

🐱

what?❞ she stared at jaemin as if he did something very wrong

can i not fall in love with a human being?❞ he questioned

jaemin—

he raised his hand ❝hey i am just asking ok? not like i like someone or what.

she pressed his lips into a thin line ❝a cat can't fall in love with a human.

jaemin frowned and fixed his cap ❝just asking.

jaemin knows the consequences in falling in love with a human. he was just given the chance to turn to a human being just to repay what the old man did to him, not to fall in love.

if that's the case then a kiss from that person might turn him into a cat forever. not just a peck, but a kiss that expresses their love.

but that will only happen if that person also loves him back.

is it that jeno guy?

jaemin smiled. why did he even try hiding something from her? she knows everything about him, everything. she's a princess, soon to be queen, how can she not know?

no, it's no one.

and as if she believed it ❝ok then.❞ but jaemin could never hide something from her.

jaemin hoped this feelings would just go away.

t b c