⌜ twenty two ⌟

so before starting the chapter, i want to say sorry for being so confusing.

basically, jaemin is a cat and renjun is the owner. it is stated that a cat can't fall in love with a human, may it be his owner or not.

that's all, if you have any questions please don't be afraid to ask

jeno squinted his eyes at jaemin, making the cat person eat his breakfast uncomfortably

i-is there something wong?❞ jaemin gulped his food ❝i mean wrong?

jeno dropped his chopsticks and stared at jaemin ❝what happened yesterday?

you were sick, that's all.❞ jaemin couldn't tell him that renjun came and saw him with cat ears. he also couldn't tell about him confessing to renjun that he was the kitty his grandfather saved.

i know i was, and my head still hurts.❞ jeno leaned back from his chair

you go to sleep then, you need to go to school tomorrow.❞ jaemin stood up from the dinning area and carried his plate and placed it on the sink ❝it's been 3 days.

you know.. i noticed something..

jaemin hummed, telling jeno that he should continue what he was saying.

did someone visit yesterday?❞ jaemin choked from his water ❝perhaps, renjun?

w-what do you mean?❞ jaemin giggled, panicking on the inside

oh? renjun didn't visit? then what's that cat food doing there?❞ jeno pointed the cat food on top of the kitchen counter

the younger quickly ran towards the counter and took the cat food ❝i bought it because i was hungry!

jeno raised a brow ❝i thought you don't like cat foods?

jaemin mentally slapped himself. what a lame excuse. ❝i had a change of heart!

jeno stood up and walked towards jaemin. the younger took a step back until his back touched the wall. jeno placed both of his hands at the side, trapping jaemin, and smirked.

kitty is turning red.❞ jeno said

jaemin looked away ❝i am not! and what did i tell you about using kitty as a nickname.

why?❞ jeno leaned towards jaemin's ears to whisper ❝i find kitty cute.

i d-don't..

jeno hummed and now went to jaemin's neck. as much as he wants to kiss the younger, he can't. his only way to tease him was kissing and placing a mark on his neck.

he was about to make a move but a knock on the door stopped him from doing it.

"yah lee jeno!" jeno groaned when he heard his bestfriend knocking om the door as if there was no tomorrow

jeno gave jaemin a look ❝be a good kitty, ok?

jaemin nodded his head before being greeted by jeno's lips on top of his'. the bag of cat food he was holding fell down to the floor and jeno picked it up while leaving the kitty alone at the kitchen.

jeno gave renjun a fake smile, not happy when he ruined his moment with jaemin. ❝well hello there dear friend.

hello to you too dear friend.❞ renjun knows he did something wrong. jeno is his bestfriend, of course he knows.

the kitty went out from the kitchen and renjun pushed jeno away so that he could run towards the kitty.

hello nana!❞ renjun smiled ❝or should i say jaemin?❞ he whispered, making sure jeno didn't hear it.

after their long talk yesterday, renjun returned home leaving the bag of cat food at jeno's apartment.

meow!

jeno placed the bag of cat food beside the sofa and went to the kitchen to wash the dishes. ❝why are you here?

not like he didn't want to see bestfriend, it's just that don't they have classes today?

i'm just here to visit my nana. bye.

wait are you ser—❞ jeno was cut off by a loud noise from the tv

renjun giggled ❝i was just kidding, stupid. classes were cancelled, all teachers are having a meeting.

after a few minutes of washing the dishes, jeno came out from the kitchen while bringing a bowl of popcorn and placed it at the coffee table that in between the sofa and tv.

jeno sat down next to renjun and just stared at his bestfriend looking at the tv while caressing the kitty. jeno glared at nana who seemed to have the time of his life.

so, you were sick?❞ renjun questioned

jeno nodded and ate another piece of popcorn ❝yeah.

who took care of you?

jeno coughed. he choked from the popcorn. he wasn't expecting for renjun to ask that question, he wasn't ready. he didn't know what to answer. jeno knows that he is like a drunken mad when sick and of course renjun also knows that.

he couldn't just go and tell him that he was alone at his apartment, if that is the case then the apartment would be on fire by now.

you know.. him..❞ jeno mumbled while calming himself

who?❞ renjun looked down from the kitty who was looking at him and teased him by wiggling his brows.

j-jaemin..❞ jeno stuffed his mouth with popcorn to stop himself from answering any questions renjun would ask.

renjun turned to jeno with a smile. he then placed the kitty down in between them as he moved closer towards jeno.

jeno froze from his place when he saw renjun leaning closer towards him.

there's something i've been meaning to ask you..

jeno gulped. renjun's face was already close but why wasn't his heart beating fast? he would usually daydream this moment and wished that they would kiss. but now he wasn't excited like how he was used to before. why is that so?

w-what is it?❞ he cursed mentally for stuttering

the kitty went to renjun's lap and was scratching the older's uniform, making renjun lean back again and smirked at the kitty.

he knew jaemin was jealous.

he placed the kitty down on the floor and now went back to jeno.

renjun?

why—❞ he was cut of again with jaemin scratching his pants.

renjun wiped the popcorn bits from the corner of his lips with a smile. ❝why are you so clumsy when you eat?

the kitty froze and stared at the two. he actually thought renjun would kiss jeno.

t b c