8

Once Siobhan was far enough away from Damon, she flew back to the boarding house. She went up to the Matteo's room, only to find it empty. She frowned and walked to the bed, and a note on the nightstand caught her eye.
Siobhan,
I had to go- I felt my charge in trouble. I'll be back soon, don't worry. I love you,
Yours always,
Matty

Siobhan smiled at Matteo's thoughtfulness. Her eyes lingered on the note for a moment longer before she remembered Kaia telling her Matteo's charge was Caroline. The same Caroline that Klaus planned to sacrifice. She swore as she leapt out of the window willing the wind to catch her and carry her there.
Siobhan felt for Matteo's energy, not knowing her way around this town. She managed to locate him quite quickly and soon came across a body. Wrinkling her nose, she stepped past it and continued following the trail. The moon was shining brightly.
"I don't know if I can hold it off. Get out of here." The Wolf boy was saying.
"Tyler, it'll be okay." The vampire soothed. Siobhan supposed this was Caroline Forbes.
"Go!" He repeated forcefully.
"Hey, Tyler." Matteo said putting his hand on the young werewolf's shoulder. "Hey man, you can do this. Take a deep breath."
"You've got time. We're almost there, just..." Caroline trailed off, looking at him in concern.
"It's happening faster." He said, and Siobhan walked in.
"Tyler, it's okay." Caroline told him and Siobhan walked to Matteo's side. Tyler's eyes flashed yellow as he rushed over towards Caroline but Damon and Matteo intercepted him. Damon fell to the ground as Matteo and Siobhan held Tyler back. He snarled at Siobhan, and managed to get out of their hold and jumped on Damon, who was on his back. Damon pushed him but Tyler bit him in the process. Matteo rushed to his brother's aid as Damon pushed Tyler away. Siobhan pulled Matteo back knowing what he was about to attempt.
"You can't." She stopped him. "And you know it."
"I have to." He said, anger in his eyes.
"Matteo, it'll be worse for him, and you know it." She hissed. "Be rational about it."
"I have to do something."
"Matteo, go." She demanded.
"I can't leave."
"Then stop." She said and let go before going back to Caroline and Tyler, who had managed to gain a little control. Damon had told them to take him to the Lockwood cellar, and to shoot him if he got too bad. Siobhan took a hold of Tyler and started leading him in the direction Caroline was heading, looking back every few seconds. Matt kept a gun trained on Tyler until they got to the cellar. Matt and Caroline went inside hoping to trap Tywolf in. Siobhan let go of him, and let him make his own way inside.
"Please go after Damon." Matteo pleaded with her. She nodded, understandingly.
"Tyler? It's me. It's Caroline. Tyler?" Caroline called. Caroline and Matt turned around slowly. Matteo pulled them both out of the cellar closing the gate. And locking the padlock. Caroline stood at the gate and Tyler snapped at her. Matteo pulled her back, only for him to get bitten himself. Werewolf venom wasn't fatal to his kind, but the rest of the effects it had on a vampire was the same. Only they couldn't be cured by their own blood. A vampire could, which is what Matteo was trying to do earlier- save his brother, though the same wouldn't work for Matteo himself.
"Are you okay?" Caroline asked. "Did he bite you?"
"I'm fine." Matteo shrugged. "Don't worry about me."
"Who are you?" Matt asked.
"Are you the other Salvatore?" Caroline asked and he nodded.
"My name's Matt."
"Same here." Matt replied. "You're another vampire?"
"I'm Stefan and Damon's older brother." Matteo said.
"Thanks for helping us out." Caroline smiled at him.
"It's fine." He smiled. "Don't worry about it. Let me take you home."
"It's okay. We can find our own way back." Caroline smiled.
"I insist." He said, firmly and led them out of the woods. Matt looked at Caroline who just shrugged and followed him.

"How did you even know what I was? I compelled you to forget!" Caroline whirled on her boyfriend. Matteo just stood awkwardly at the door.
"I was on vervain. I faked forgetting so I could spy on you. It was your mom's idea."
"Wait, my mom knows?! Oh my God! You told her. Well, what'd she say?"
"Your mom hates vampires. She grew up hating vampires. She'll probably always hate vampires."
"Well, what about you?" She asked him, hopefully. Matteo really didn't want to be hearing this, but he had to stay with her. After all, she was his charge.
"What about me?"
"Where does this leave us?"
"Stuck in this house. Waiting for our friend to come back to his senses." He shrugged. He walked out of the room and saw Matteo.
"You should take it a little easier on her." Matteo told him, following him to another room.
"My life is complicated enough. I can't be adding vampires and werewolves to the mix." He said.
"I've known the two of you for what? Five seconds. Even I can tell she adores you."
"Where'd your girlfriend go?" Matt changed the subject.
"I asked her to go after Damon."
"Shouldn't you go after him? He's your brother."
"I wouldn't be thinking rationally around him."
"What's there to be rational about?" Matt asked. Caroline walked in and Matteo shot her a smile, thankful for the interruption.
"You think he'll find his way back okay?" Matt asked Caroline, looking out of the window, worried for his friend.
"This is his house. He'll come back once he's back in his right mind." She told him.