38

Damon was at the witch house, looking for Matteo. He walked inside hoping Emily wouldn't screw with him again. He still made sure to stay away from the sunlight, just in case. He found his brother and Siobhan lying down on the ground, holding hands.
"What the-?" He looked confused. They looked as though they were in a spell. He moved slightly but a ray of sunlight burnt him. He jumped back. "Ah!"
Damon peered closer at Matteo and Siobhan. "What is going on? Matt!" He called, though his brother was unconscious. Damon shook his head, and scoffed. "Screw this, I'm getting the witch."

"Siobhan, we have to go now." Matteo said after a while. "Anyone could walk in and see us. We'll have to go someplace more private next time."
"Okay." She said, a little deflated.
"I'm sorry." He told her.
"We'll be back soon." She told her brother. He nodded.
"Soon."
"I love you." She hugged him tight, not wanting to let go. They finally broke apart and Matteo started imagining a curtain, separating them from the human world. He pulled it up and imagined bringing Siobhan through with him. Emily was there waiting for them.
"Hey, you disappeared! Is everything okay?" He asked concerned.
"I can't go through with you. I had to hang back. But we have a problem."
"What is it?"
"Look." She gestured at the ground and they saw their bodies on the ground. They were floating above like some kind of spirit. "Damon saw your bodies. He's going to Bonnie."
"Oh crap, how long ago?"
"Not that long. You can catch up with him if you leave now." Emily said and they nodded.
"Thank you, Emily. For everything."
"My pleasure. Now, go!" She said and Matteo and Siobhan moved over to their bodies lying over them. They were still for a second before they woke up gasping. "Matteo, as you practice, you'll be able to communicate while conscious. It's not going to always be like this." Emily said before she disappeared. Matteo looked at Siobhan, and held her hand. The two of them left the witch house, not seeing the ghost of the original witch in the corner staring at them with an unhappy look on her face.

"Hello, Damon." Matteo greeted as he caught up to his brother- thankfully before he went to anyone else.
"Hi Matt." He said, continuing walking before stopping abruptly. "Wait. Matt? Siobhan?"
"Is everything okay?"
"I just saw you. You guys were like dead or like in a spell or something."
"No we weren't." Siobhan denied.
"Yes you were. It was creepy."
"Damon, we were talking to her brother." Matteo told him. "Are you okay?"
"I just saw you."
"You should get some sleep. You don't look so good." Siobhan said.
"I know what I saw."
"Maybe Emily was messing with you? She doesn't exactly like you, remember?" She told him.
"Can she do that?"
"She's a witch. She might be dead but she's powerful. What did you think was going on?" Matteo asked his brother.
"I don't know. I mean, it looked real enough but you're probably right. Emily was probably messing with me. Heh, I guess no need to get Bonnie now. So what are you guys doing today? You know while the kids are at school and all?"
"There are a lot of wedding preparations. Number one, venue. Number two, guests. Number three, menu. Number four, music. You get the idea. Would you like to help?" Matteo asked his brother.
"Sure. But don't blame me if I leave halfway."
"Don't forget the tux and the dress. That's a very important part."
"Of course. And wedding rings."
"Okay the guest list, you guys are going to have to do by yourself. Music and venue I'll help out."
"Alright."
"I was thinking, for the venue, we rebuild the old Salvatore Estate you guys grew up in. The field outside of it is beautiful and we can have the ceremony there, and the reception inside."
"Aww, you guys are so cute. Excuse me while I go throw up." Damon rolled his eyes.
"You'll find someone someday, Damon."
"Don't be too sure." Siobhan stuck her tongue out at Damon playfully.
"Do I get a plus one?"
"Elena's going to have her own invitation, Damon." Matteo told him with a laugh.
"Funny. I'm not taking Elena."
"Lacey's off limits."
"Come on, Matt." Damon groaned.
"Dude, stay away from Lacey. Literally anyone but Lacey."
"Why?"
"She's family to me, man. I saw her grow up. Kind of like a daughter. And you're still hung up on Elena. I don't want to see Lacey hurt."
"I won't hurt her. She's cute man."
"Matty, Lacey is a big girl. I'm sure she can handle Damon." Siobhan turned to Damon. "Sorry, he's like an overprotective dad when it comes to Lacey."
"Dude, it's not like it's anything serious, and she might not even say yes. She's just a cool girl, and if your wedding gets boring, at least I'll have her to hang out with."
"Damon."
"She's an adult."
"I've known her since she was seven, D. I care about her."
"I'll be careful."
"Besides, she's already going to be invited to the wedding. She'll have her own invitation."
"I won't hurt her, Matt. Its just hanging out."
"I'm aware of what that means, D. Just be careful."
"I will. Besides she's old enough to make her own choices."