33

Matteo and Siobhan stood with their friends in anticipation for the results to come in.
"The law that decrees no further connections to your human life is henceforth abolished." Elder Snow said. Immediately the hall burst into cheers of happiness. Siobhan took Matteo's head and planted a kiss on his lips. He smiled and pulled her closer before they were pulled apart by their friends who hugged them and thanked them. Matteo smiled at their obvious laughter. Of course most of them couldn't see their family since they'd died off, but the newer ones and those with vampiric families could. And that was a win enough.

An hour later, Matteo managed to sneak away from everyone to make a quick call to Damon. No one knew how to party like the Fae.
"Hey Matt." Damon greeted. "You okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. You?"
"I'm okay."
"Listen, Damon, I don't know exactly when I'll be back, I have to stay out for a bit. Could be a week, could be a day."
"What are you doing?"
"Honestly, I have to help out a few friends."
"Really?"
"Yes, it's a long story, but I'm probably going to be a while."
"Okay."
"I promise I'll be back."
"Okay."
"Call me if anything comes up."
"Okay."
"I'm serious."
"It's okay, Matt."
"If you want or need me, brother, you know I'll come straight over."
"What do your friends need?"
"I can't exactly tell you that. Stay out of trouble, Dames."
"Okay, good luck."
"Thanks, I'll talk to you soon." Matteo hung up before walking back into the hall. He and Siobhan had agreed they'd split up and help those with family or friends finish up their missions so they'd be free to go find them. They'd ask others to help out too, those whose families had died off and had no mission at present. Siobhan walked over to where he stood and he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. She leaned into him.
"What did he say?"
"He's not exactly thrilled with the idea, but he'll be okay."
"Oh my god!" Camila, one of the youngest fae squealed. "You've got a ring on your finger!"
"Oh." Siobhan looked around as everyone looked over to them. Matteo was surprised at how many people didn't know. He thought word would spread faster. People started clamouring around them again.
"You're getting married! And now you can invite your siblings without any backlash, Matt!"
"Yeah." Matteo grinned at the young girl's enthusiasm.
"I mean when was the last time a fae got married?"
"We haven't had a wedding in one hundred and seventy nine years." Elder Glenn said, a small smile on his face. Matteo then knew he must've been the one to speak on their behalf, but he still wondered why the Elders had even thought over his appeal this time? They'd always dismissed him. And it's not like he brought any new arguments to the table. Except that it wasn't fair if he got to see his family while everyone else didn't. But that wouldn't have caused them to change their minds.
"Well as much as we love it here, the wedding will have to be on Earth. There are some non-Fae we plan to invite." Siobhan said.
"If you ever need any help, we're all here for you." Kaia smiled warmly.
"Well, if you happen across a nice, huge venue, please let us know." She replied with a smile.

"What do you mean they're not coming back?" Elena asked Damon. It had been a few days and they had seen Stefan in Chicago and were back in Mystic Falls before Elena realised Matteo and Siobhan were missing.
"Just that, Elena. He's got things to do, you know. Why do you care so much anyways?"
"Because you're upset, Damon. And I actually do care about you. Did he say when he was coming back?"
"He said he'd be gone for a week or so, but who knows."
"Is Siobhan with him?"
"Yeah."
"Do you know where they are?"
"Of course not. Why are you so affected Elena?"
"I was going to get Siobhan to come senior prank night with us. No one knows how to deal with Caroline like she does. Not even Bonnie and me. Plus it would've been fun." Elena shrugged and Damon just nodded before leaving the room. Elena scoffed at him and left the boarding house. Bonnie was waiting for her outside anyways.
"Hey what did Siobhan say?"
"She's not home. She and Matt haven't been in Mystic Falls lately. Matt told Damon he'd be a week or so."
"When did he say that?"
"A week or so ago." Elena said. "Come on. Let's go. Caroline will kill us if we don't have the supplies for prank night."
"Very true." Bonnie grinned and started the car driving away. "So Caroline and Tyler. How did that happen?"
"She says some of his werewolf issues are like her vampire ones, so she knows how to help him. Then they started hanging out a whole lot. Then at my birthday, she got jealous of Sophie and compelled her away."
"Tyler was gonna hook up with slutty Sophie?"
"Yeah. Caroline and Tyler ended up hooking up that night." Elena grinned at Bonnie.
"But, still. I mean, Tyler? Tyler used to pull on her pigtails just to see how she'd react."
"Not good is the answer. She was afraid her entire head looked messy."
"And we'd spend hours in the bathroom convincing her that her hair was fine." Bonnie laughed. "Oh, I miss kindergarten. Everything was so much simpler."
"How are things going on with you and Jeremy?"
"Complicated. I mean it's weird and I know it's not his fault, but he never broke up with them. They died. So there's going to be unresolved feelings. I mean, what if he decides having two eternal ghostly girlfriends is what he wants."
"No way he'll choose them over the real thing. He has to concentrate just to talk to them, and I love my brother but he is a guy, so maybe it needs some time?"
"Maybe. Ugh, this dating thing is hard and annoying." Bonnie sighed.