13

"I have to admit this was fun." Siobhan smiled as she and the girls walked into the Grill finishing their day.
"You sound surprised."
"Well I don't really do this much, or, you know, ever."
"Really?"
"The closed I ever got to a girls day was when I was human. My sister and I were getting our dresses tailored and we were getting all ready for a ball."
"What was your life like as a human? Do you miss it?"
"Sometimes. But it wasn't always great. I ran away when I was fourteen."
"Fourteen?"
"My twin brother died and my father was just angry all the time and my mom just did what he said. I couldn't live there, and the rest of my siblings were all over eighteen. I never really connected with them. Well, aside from my sister. So when I lost the only person who really, truly understood me, I left them."
"That's terrible."
"Well my mom was a witch, and it took a year, but she found me and she cursed me. I died ten years later."
"Okay, so no offence but your mom was a real bitch!"
"Well, her heart was ripped out long before I died so I suppose there's some kind of twisted justice in that." She scoffed. "Anyways enough sob story. That was over a hundred years ago. I like my life now."
"You know what? Let's drink to that. Forgetting the past and looking to the future."
"I'll get the drinks." Siobhan smiled and walked to the bar. As she waited for the drinks she ordered, she got a phone call.
"Hey stranger." Caroline heard Matteo's voice come through.
"It's Matteo." She told the two girls. "I shouldn't do this. It's wrong. It's an invasion of privacy."
"They're hiding something." Elena hissed. "Come on. Please?"
"Fine." Caroline rolled her eyes.
"How bad is it over there?"
"She's got me on bed rest and she knows full well there's nothing wrong with me. I'm being coddled. I'm being worse than coddled. She won't even let me change the channel for myself."
"Some rest ought to do you good." She laughed at him again.
"Spying?" A voice sounded behind them as Caroline relayed what was being said. The girls turned around to see Killian there.
"What- no!" The girls protested, not realising Siobhan walking back with four drinks.
"Are you sure?" Killian smirked. "What would Siobhan think? Her newfound friends spying on her private conversation?"
"What are you doing here?" Siobhan sneered as she reached the table, setting the sodas down.
"Just checking out the town. Who knows how long Kaia will keep Matteo out of commission."
"Not that long, Killian. He'll be back by the end of the month."
"Don't be too sure." He drawled, before walking away.
"I really really don't like him." Siobhan glared.
"We can tell." Bonnie said.
"Anyways, I got us all soda. It's not setting a good example to buy minors alcohol." Siobhan winked.
"So how old are you?"
"Don't you know?" She grinned. "It's rude to ask a lady her age."
"You're pretty chill. Matteo kinda seems..." Elena trailed off.
"Like a goody two shoes?" Siobhan raised a brow. "Matteo isn't as uptight as he can seem. Trust me, I'd know."
"Ooh, spill!" Caroline's eyes brightened.
"I don't kiss and tell."
"So you said the dating thing's new. But how long have you been banging?"
"Caroline!" Bonnie lightly smacked her friend's arm. "Sorry, she has no tact."
"It's fine. It's accurate. Um, lets say for a long while. It's kinda normal back home, no strings attached. Pure, natural desire and lust."
"That sounds amazing." Caroline shrugged. "No feeling and obligations and stupid boy trouble."
"You'd be surprised, actually. It's quite the opposite."
"So, Matteo dated Katherine, when he was human, right?" Elena said.
"Yep."
"Just like Damon and Stefan." Caroline sucked in a breath, "Well she definitely got around."
"Damon said she's still in love with Matteo."
"Well, that is, if she knows what love is. But when we were looking for Tyler and Caroline, she did say she wanted him over Stefan."
"Well she dated him and his brothers at the same time. I'm sure he wouldn't fall for her charms." Bonnie smiled sympathetically.
"Damon said the same thing." She smiled and her phone rang. "Excuse me. Yes?"
"Siobhan." Kaia said as she walked slightly away from the girls. "I'm sending Matteo back in."
"What. I just talked to him. He didn't-"
"Something's happened."
"In the past five minutes? I mean, not that I'm complaining."
"He'll fill you in when he comes back."
"Okay, when's that?"
"Immediately." She said. "Keep an eye on him, and send Killian back, please."
"Yes ma'am. With pleasure."
"And Siobhan."
"Yes ma'am?"
"I expect a progress report by tomorrow."
"Consider it done." Siobhan hung up and walked back to the girls. "I have to go catch up with Killian. Thank you guys, for today. It was nice."
"I thought you were staying away from Killian?"
"I have to relay a message."
"Okay, see you soon." Caroline gave a small wave. Once Siobhan left the Grill, Elena stood up.
"Where are you going?" Bonnie asked.
"Don't you want to see?" She said. "I mean, she hates Killian, but she has to relay a message? I'm telling you, something's going on."
"Elena, I love you but we're going to have to draw a line here." Caroline started, softly. "With Stefan gone, it's to be expected that you're hurting. But this is a little too far."
"Besides. I haven't finished my soda yet." Bonnie smiled. Outnumbered, Elena sat back down.
"Fine." Caroline and Bonnie exchanged relieved glances.