63

It was the day of the wedding. Matteo stood nervously at the altar, his brothers beside him and Jax, Olly, Klaus, Kol and Elijah stood in a row as his groomsmen. Elder Snow stood at the front, officiating the ceremony. It wasn't to be religious. Not at all. A little girl and boy walked out to the ceremony as everyone waited. The boy was about seven years old and holding a small pillow with two rings on it. The little girl, about five years old, had a basket of petals that she started to scatter as she walked down the aisle. The little boy gave the rings over to Damon before he and the girl skipped over to their parents- Jessie and Jax. Kaia, Jessamine, Elena, Caroline, Bonnie and Lacey filed in. Damon had to look twice to make sure it was her, fumbling with the rings for a second. Stefan took the small pillow with the rings away from his brother, for safekeeping.
The wedding ceremony was to happen outside the fields, just like Siobhan wanted, and they'd move into the mansion for the reception.
Siobhan appeared, holding onto Finn's arm tightly, as he walked her down the aisle. Rebekah walked behind her, making sure everything about her dress was fine. Once they reached the end, Finn lifted her veil kissing her cheek.
"Be happy, little sister." He whispered in her ear. She smiled brightly at him as he let go and she took Matteo's hand, sanding in front of him. Rebekah stood to the side and Finn took a seat at the front.
"We are all here today, to witness the unification of both Matteo Salvatore and Silvia Mikaelson. Matteo, your vows." The elder spoke and Matteo nodded.
"You look beautiful." He started. "I must be the luckiest man to be standing here, in front of you. You, who deserves much more than I could offer. I could list everything I love about you, and the reasons I want to marry you, but we don't have all day. So instead, Siobhan, I promise that no matter what happens, I will always be by your side. I promise to always love you, and care for you. I promise to make you laugh, when you want to cry. I can't promise that I won't annoy you or make you want to hit me, but I can promise to try not to. I promise that I will always be yours. You have always been the light when all I felt was dark. So most of all I promise, to be that same light for you, if you ever feel that same dark."
"When I first met you, my first thought about you was that you would be trouble. And you were. I couldn't help but fall in love with you, regardless. You've saved me, countless times- helped me, countless times. You were- are my hero. And no matter what, you always will be. Matty, you are my best friend, my soulmate, my husband, and I am so happy that I get to stand here with you at my side, I promise to always love you, and cherish you. I promise to be more than just your wife, to always be your best friend, I promise to always be there with you, because there is nowhere else I would rather be." The couple smiled at each other. Elder snow picked up two goblets. He gave one to Matteo, who held it up to Siobhan's lips as she took a gulp. He gave the other to Siobhan who held it to Matteo's lips as he drank the liquid. Elder snow took back the goblets and put them down. He took Matteo's hand and placed it onto Siobhan's. He tapped Matteo's hand twice and a small ray of light encircled it. It was small and hidden from everyone else. The elder then nodded at Damon who passed Matteo and Siobhan the rings, each holding the others.
Matteo slipped the ring onto Siobhan's finger, whispering "tuus sum."
"Tuus sum." Siobhan repeated as she put Matteo's ring on for him.
"I now pronounce you husband and wife." Elder Snow nodded. He smiled at Matteo. "You may now kiss your bride." And he did. There were cheers and claps, a few whistles here and there until they parted. Matteo and Siobhan walked down the aisle together.
"We did it." Siobhan grinned. "Mr Salvatore."
"Yes, we did, Mrs Salvatore." He replied as the walked into the estate.

"You're here!" Damon marvelled at Lacey once they finally got some time alone.
"Well, it is the wedding of the century. Where else would I be?"
"I don't know. Where you've been the last few weeks?
"If it's any consolation, I missed you too."
"Who said I missed you?"
"Olly is very chatty."
"He doesn't know what he's talking about."
"And Matt."
"Okay, so maybe I did miss you."
"You don't have to act like a G.I.Joe with me, Damon."
"Are you back for good?"
"Sort of."
"That's not a real answer."
"Do you want one?"
"I'm not sure." Damon huffed. A flash of red caught his eye.
"You okay?"
"Yeah. I'm fine. Just-" He looked around a little more until he saw Matteo and Siobhan in front of the woman with the red hair. "That's impossible."
"What's impossible?"
"My mother." He strode over to them, Lacey behind him.
"Damon!" Matteo said. "Where's Stefan? He should be here too."
"I'm right here." Stefan walked over to them. "How is this possible?"
"I guess theres some explaining to do..."