50

Matteo and Siobhan returned to Mystic Falls after a week and Matteo decided to call his brother and see what was going on so far.
"Matt!" Damon said, surprised.
"What are you up to, now?" Matteo asked his brother exasperated. He'd come to recognise his brother mischievous tones by the amount of surprise and guilt in his voice.
"Nothing. Hey why don't you come on by to Klaus's house in ten minutes."
"Why?"
"Bring Siobhan with you."
"Why?"
"Just do it, won't you?" Damon hung up. Matteo looked at Siobhan who just shrugged.
"Do you want to go?"
"Well when Damon and Klaus get together, there's always disaster not far behind."
"You're right, let's go." Matteo and Siobhan got into his car and drove over to Klaus's mansion.

Siobhan and Matteo ventured into Klaus's mansion. The front door was open. They followed the voices and the sight before them was almost enough to make Siobhan's blood run cold.
"Niklaus, you are my son and I am here to forgive you. I want us to be a family again." Esther said.
"Damon better not have called us over for her." Siobhan spat.
"Silvie!" Rebekah skipped over to her.
"It's not possible." Esther said, staring at her.
"Funny I was thinking the same about you." Siobhan scowled.
"Siobhan." Matteo said softly, in an attempt to calm her.
"I can't, Matty."
"Silvia?" Kol frowned. "You- how?"
"Hi Koko." She said before looking at Finn. "Hello Finn."
"But- that's impossible." Within a second Kol was in front of her and he studied her face. "How is it you?"
"It's a long story." She said. He looked at her a moment longer before pulling her into a hug.
"Silvia." He muttered into her hair. Finn also walked over to her. Kol moved away as Finn stared into her eyes before giving her a hug.
"Mother, Finn, Kol. This is Matteo. He's to marry Silvia." Rebekah introduced.
"You're getting married?" Elijah raised a brow.
"Yes." Matteo replied, his tone defiant. Elijah backed off, knowing this wasn't the time or place.
"When?"
"Well, we haven't set a date yet."
"Matteo, did you say?" Esther spoke up.
"No. No. Absolutely no. You don't get to say a word." Siobhan snapped at her mother.
"Could you ever forgive me?"
"What you attempted? It's beyond unforgivable. Not to mention the consequences of your actions." She scoffed. Matteo found her hand and rubbed circles on the back of it with his thumb. "I have to go."
"Of course. When things get tough, you just run away." Elijah remarked.
"Elijah!" Rebekah scolded. "How could you say that?"
"It's fine Rebekah. Let him say what he wants." Siobhan said.
"Why don't you stay here, tonight? Both of you." Klaus offered. Siobhan looked at him confused turning to Matteo.
"Care to repeat that? I think I heard you wrong."
"You didn't. We've had our differences, sure, but undaggering Kol and Finn is what you've been hounding me about. Stay the night, spend time with them. With us."
"Tempting as it sounds, I refuse to stay under the same roof as her. I'll come by tomorrow, and we can go to the Grill or something." She said.
"I'm in." Rebekah grinned.
"Me too." Kol smirked in a way that made Matteo slightly uneasy.
"Of course." Finn said smiling down at his sister. Elijah didn't say a word.
"Great." She grinned.

"So," Matteo asked his fiancée as he gently massaged her shoulders. "How are you feeling about Klaus?"
"It's hard to hate him when he's being nice. I didn't think it'd ever happen. And now that I get to see-" she paused, knowing Damon and Stefan would both be in their own rooms, "well, it's just harder with all these recent enlightenments."
"And the fact that he's your big brother?"
"You know, he doesn't look so big anymore." She shrugged.
"And Esther?"
"She's the one who tried to kill us all. If it wasn't for her, the elders never would have had a problem with family or witches. And I fell for it."
"You were fifteen, she was your mother. You loved her."
"Yeah. Loved. But now that I know what a lying, poisonous snake she is, I won't make the same mistake."
"Do you think the elders know-" All of a sudden both Siobhan and Matteo slumped backwards on their bed.
"Kaia." Matteo said as he realised what happened.
"You mind-grabbed us?" Siobhan asked.
"Sorry, But we need privacy and it's urgent."
"I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it maybe has something to do with Esther." Matteo drawled.
"Nice. Great deduction, Sherlock Holmes." Kaia replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "The elders are insisting you out of Mystic Falls. At least while Esther's alive."
"What? No. All of my siblings are finally undaggered and while Esther's presence isn't exactly preferred, I can't leave town now. Besides, they'd get suspicious. Of us."
"Look, I'm just the messenger. The elders want you out. Away from Esther. Until she's gone."
"Can't you try to convince them? There's no way Rebekah's going to just let it go. Let me go. And she's going to look for us everywhere."
"Doesn't mean she'll find you."
"I can't disappear. I'd never be able to face them."
"Unless they believe you're on your honeymoon."
"To have a honeymoon we need to get married. And as long as Esther is alive, that's impossible."
"Why?"
"Because the guest list includes our families and fae. And if Esther finds out about it, then it'll be an opportunity for her to finish what she started. To kill us all." Siobhan said.
"I'll talk to the elders, but I wouldn't get too comfortable."