39

Damon had left the spouses to deal with the guest list a few hours later. Matteo and Siobhan started writing up who they wanted to invite, but a hundred names in, they got bored and decided to take care of the venue instead.
"So Marshall said he can get a few of his guys here by Saturday." Matteo informed Siobhan as he hung up the phone. Marshall was another Fae, who was extremely good at construction and engineering. Siobhan lifted her finger, keeping Matteo silent.
"Okay, that's be awesome." She said unto her phone. "Alright bye."
"Everything good? Jessamine good with coming down?"
"Yeah, she's going to bring Olly."
"Okay great." Jessamine would be the one to design the house, using Matteo's memories, and Olly was coming for the heck of it. The two of them had a similar arrangement to what Siobhan and Matteo used to have, except they weren't as close. Of course no one was as close as Matteo and Siobhan. "So what do we do now, darling?"
"Well you could pick up your phone. I mean it's ringing." She said and he noticed the vibration in his pocket. He grinned sheepishly and looked at the caller ID.
"It's Klaus." He told her.
"Answer it." He nodded and did as she said.
"Klaus."
"Hello, Matt."
"You compelled my brother's humanity off?"
"Yes well it was for the better."
"It's not for you to decide."
"On the other hand, I let the two humans go. But I'm curious, because they were acting like they weren't compelled to do what I said."
"Weird." Matteo shrugged. "So where are you?"
"Portland. It's practically a breeding ground for werewolves."
"So you're still carting the rest of your siblings around?"
"Damon's up to no good with Mikael. It's more dangerous that ever right now."
"If you really believed that, you wouldn't have left Rebekah behind."
"How is my sister anyway?"
"Finally enjoying her chance to be a normal high schooler. But Siobhan's right next to me."
"And I care because...?"
"Why do you hate her, Klaus? I get that she ran away, and then threatened you with Mikael but does that really warrant so much hatred."
"She's the one who lured Mikael to New Orleans. She's the reason, he burned it to the ground, killing my friends. She's the reason the rest of my family almost died, the reason I lost my kingdom. That's why I hate her so much." He practically snarled.
"I never lured Mikael to you." Siobhan spat, defensively. "I only said I would to keep you away. For God's sake, if Matteo wasn't allowed to see his brothers, what makes you think I'd be allowed to see you and Elijah and Mikael? I said what I had to say to keep you away from me, Niklaus. But not once did I call Mikael to you. I hated the man more than you did, for God's sake."
"Like I'd believe a word you say."
"She's telling the truth, Klaus. Family has been a strict no-no. There was no way she could have gone to Mikael."
"Well you know why I hate her, but why does she act like she's a right to hate me?"
"Are you really asking that? You have no idea why I hate you?" Siobhan scoffed.
"No, I really don't. You were the one who threatened me."
"You're the reason Henrik is dead. And I don't know if I can ever forgive you for that, Niklaus. He was my twin and you didn't keep him safe."
"It was an accident."
"Maybe so. But that doesn't change the fact that he's still dead or you're still not. You all got over his death, but I can never get over him. He was a part of me." She said, her voice shaky.
"You think we're over his death? You're acting like you were the only one to lose him, but he was our brother. And I'm the one who has to live every day knowing I'm the reason he's dead. So blame me as much as you want, but you'll never blame me as much as I blame myself."
"I disagree." Siobhan left the room.
"Hey, Klaus, maybe I can call you back later."
"She really hates me, doesn't she?"
"He was the one person who kept her sane, and when she lost him, she didn't have you guys. She felt abandoned. When she left, she was trying to survive, she wasn't trying to hurt you guys."
"I didn't think of it like that." Klaus admitted. "She left after Henrik died. We lost two siblings in one month. We were all distraught. Matt, take care of her, please."
"Always." Matteo replied, not really knowing how to comfort him or even if he should. Klaus hung up and Matteo went after his fiancée. "I've been thinking."
"Scary." She broke into a smile.
"I'm serious. Maybe we should buy a place here. We could spend as much time as you want with your brother. We wouldn't have to worry about anyone walking in, like Damon. No one'll be invited in. It'll be our little safe place. But we'll have to put it in the name of someone else. Either someone who is a witch or someone we can pretend is a witch."
"I love you." She said in reply, before kissing him. Knowing she really needed a distraction, he obliged and let her take of his shirt.