45

The rest of that day, Jessamine and Oliver helped Matteo look for a place for he and Siobhan. He enlightened them of his new powers, mentally noting that he forgot to tell Kaia of his ability to manipulate auras. He took them back to the boarding house when it got dark and he found Siobhan waiting for him in their room. He had shown Jessamine and Olly to two separate rooms though doubted they'd use them both.
"Hey, what'd you get up to today?" She asked.
"I called Kaia."
"You tell her?"
"I forgot to tell her about the aura manipulation."
"But you told her about the ghosts?"
"Yes. Then I went to go pick up Jessie and Olly, and spent the rest of the day with them." He smiled.
"Are they here with you?" Her eyes lightened.
"Yeah, I showed them to spare rooms."
"I'm going to go hang out with Jessamine." She said, getting off her spot on the bed and heading for the door.
"Or..." Matteo pulled her back and closer to him. He tugged on her top, and looking into her eyes. "Maybe we could spend some time together instead."
"Hmm, tempting," she replied and Matteo started to kiss her. "Very tempting."
"You can spend time with Jessie another time."
"I could."
"It's pretty late now. Do you really want to disturb her?"
"She's probably asleep." Siobhan agreed and Matteo nodded pulling her towards the bed.

"Morning." Jessamine chirped from the kitchen. Damon and Olly were sitting at the counter.
"We have guests." Damon stated.
"Forgot to tell you?" Matteo said. "I didn't see you last night anyways. What did you get up to?"
"The usual. Ghosts, bourbon, more bourbon, sent the ghosts away."
"Classy." Siobhan rolled her eyes.
"You looked pretty comfortable with Barbie Klaus." Damon commented.
"Klaus and Elijah might be dicks but Rebekah's awesome. I didn't realise how much I missed her."
"I don't know. She seems like a bitch to me. Did she tell you that she stabbed me when all I did was try to make conversation?"
"And just yesterday a ghost tortured you in the living room. Damon, are you sure you don't want me to help you learn how to fight?" Siobhan raised her brow.
"I can fight."
"Of course." Siobhan nodded. "But it couldn't hurt to be able to defend yourself more."
"Hey, where's Stefan?" Matteo cut in.
"Let's see, he's got no humanity and compelled to do whatever Klaus wants, so take a guess." Damon lied.
"I have no clue- I'd think he'd be home." Matteo told him.
"Well he's not." Damon said simply.
"You guys hungry?" Jessamine asked Matteo and Siobhan, having already fed Damon and Olly.
"It's fine, Jessie. You don't have to make us food. Have you even eaten yet?"
"Firstly, it's Jessamine, and the next time you call me Jessie I will stab you, and cut off your kneecaps. Secondly, yes I've eaten, and I don't mind making breakfast for a change."
"Okay. Thanks, Jess." He smirked cheekily. She narrowed her eyes at him.
"Siobhan. Control your fiancé."
"Matteo, leave Jessamine alone."
"Ugh, it's getting too couple-y in here. I'm gonna go... be somewhere else. Anywhere else." Damon made a face and headed out of the kitchen.
"Uh..." Jessamine pointed between herself and Olly, "we're actually not a couple."
"You're not?"
"Just friends."
"Who sometimes bang." Matteo added, and Damon suddenly looked a little uncomfortable.
"Right."
"See you tonight, Damon." Matteo waved at his brother.
"Bye." Damon left.
"I think we might've made him a little uncomfortable." Matteo commented.
"You think?" Siobhan rolled her eyes as Jessamine passed them their plates.
"So what are we doing today?" Olly asked.
"I'm hanging out with Jessamine, because we are long overdue on a chat."
"And we can go shopping." Jessamine squealed.
"Don't push it." Siobhan rolled her eyes. "Shopping with you is impossible."

Matteo decided to go to the one place Damon wouldn't find him. He rented a room at the motel. It'd be private enough. He put the do not disturb sign on the door and sat down on the single bed. Concentrating, he tried to call upon Emily.
"Emily?" He called aloud, thinking about her, what she looked like, her energy. She appeared soon enough.
"Hello, Matteo."
"Emily." He said. "Hi."
"No Siobhan?"
"Not this time. She's spending time with a friend and suggested I try to contact my father."
"Then go right ahead. You know how to go see him. Just think of him being there when you go under."
"Thank you, Emily. For everything."
"We still owe you a lot of favours."
"No, you really don't, Emily."
"Go see your father, Matteo." She smiled gently and he nodded. He followed her previous instructions on how to get past the other side. He fell back on his bed, unconscious.
"Matteo?" He heard his father's voice call out.
"Father." He smiled. He stood still and Giuseppe Salvatore walked briskly to his eldest son.
"Oh, my son! How are you here?"
"What are you on about, father?"
"It's been over a century. I'd given up on seeing you again."
"I'm alive."
"A vampire?" He took a step back. "I know your brothers are one of those creatures, but you too, Matteo?"
"Father, vampires are not evil creatures. Some can be, but not all of them are." Matteo stood up for them. He wasn't sure if the elders would approve of his father knowing everything. Even if he was dead. He didn't want to risk it.
"How many victims did you leave behind?" Giuseppe said, a look of scorn on his face.
"None, Father. I wouldn't kill."
"How are you here?"
"It's a long story. But I'm here, and I can see you. I've missed you, Father."