Chapter 19: Betrayal

"Beware the person who stabs you and then tells the world that they're the ones bleeding."
                    -Anonymous

"I'm so tired."

You whined as you allowed your body to fall onto the soft mattress below you, the bed making a loud creaking noise at your sudden weight.

You all had planned to be at Pamelia by nightfall, but you all made several stops because of Yoongi's wound, adding numerous hours to your journey.

You'd been on and off that horse for almost 12 hours and you were extremely tired and sore.

Because you had arrived so late, the gates to the city were closed and you all had to go in the back way, not being noticed by anyone.

You were thankful that Jimin had managed to find everyone rooms in an inn near the town square.

Well I say "rooms" it was actually just one big room with multiple beds and a few sofas, but there was enough space for everyone to sleep.

A deep chuckle sounded from above you.

"I'm glad your already comfortable." Namjoon's  voice sang.

Ah yes,

Namjoon.

After the incident with Taehyung at the stream, Namjoon never left your side, not even for a moment. It was almost suffocating to never be alone, but you grew to enjoy his company, he talked to you of magic and his people, that had sadly died out in the Great War.

The two of you bonded over many things, finding more and more things that you have in common. And finding more feelings that you didn't quite understand.

Namjoon was a gentleman. He didn't bring up the kiss, or make you feel pressured to talk to him about it, he simply avoided the subject altogether, more than likely waiting for you to be ready before either of you discussed your feelings for each other.

You nodded your head, moving to lay on the bed properly, and shutting your eyes in peace, releasing a contented sigh.

"I'm so tired." You yawned out.

Namjoon smiled fondly at your sleepy form, his eyes dancing over your small figure.

"You should rest." He stated.

You only nodded in agreement, allowing your body to become completely still and your breathing to become shallow and soft.

Taehyung watched as you fell asleep.

Guilt was gnawing at him like he had never known before. The words he said to you at the stream were repeating themselves inside his head.

Throughout the day the elvish king had tried numerous times to speak to you and apologize again for his actions, but Namjoon would always cut him off and tell him to leave you alone.

Taehyung respected his wishes, not wanting to anger the golden eyed sorcerer, or hurt you further.

He honestly couldn't believe how stupid he was. He hated himself for being so cruel towards you and even going so far as to lay his hands on you.

Taehyung released a heavy sigh and continued to unpack his saddle bag.

"Where did Yoongi and Hoseok go?" Jungkook's voice asked quietly, as he noticed the absence of the two.

Jimin shrugged.

"Hoseok had mentioned something about him running out of clean linens for Yoongi's wound. I assume they went to find some."