Chapter 21: Fathers

"There's nothing worse than a man that can be everything to everybody, except a father to his own child."
      - Anonymous

"Father." Yoongi's voice was stern as he shoved the wooden doors open, his eyes shining a deep red color as his gaze fell upon the king.

"Yoongi!" The king exclaimed happily. "You're just in time! I was just about to begin without you." He smiled.

Yoongi's face remained stoic, anger clearly evident on his features.

"We need to talk." He stated.

The king nodded, waving his hand in the air.

"And we will, after we have planned the ceremony." He said. "Now, do you think we should have a feast before or after the witch is dead? I personally-"

"No." Yoongi said firmly. "We are going to talk now."

The Kings smile fell at his sons harsh tone, and he watched as Yoongi moved to step closer to him, not giving him any time to speak.

"You can't kill her." Yoongi stated boldly.

The king chuckled lightly.

"Kill who my boy? Your horse? I was just joking when I said we'd have to eat her-"

"Not the horse."

The king's eyebrow raised.

"Then who, Yoongi?"

"Y/n."

The Kings eyes widened at his sons words, shock crossing his face.

"What?" He breathed.

"You cannot kill her." Yoongi repeated. "I won't allow it."

The King ran his hand through his dark locks in confusion.

"What do you mean? Why are you behaving this way? Have you been drinking?" He asked.

Yoongi shook his head fervently.

"I am sober. And I am serious. You're not going to kill her."

The Kings gaze hardened on his black haired son.

"If this is a joke, it is far from funny." He stated.

"It is not a joke father." Yoongi took a step forward. "Release the maiden."

The king's eyes began to turn red as he listened to his sons demand, anger settling in the pits of his stomach.

"It seems that you have forgotten your place, my son. Shall I have you tied to the whipping post to remind you just how worthless you are?"

Yoongi took another step forward.

"Your threats are empty. They don't scare me anymore." Yoongi said coldly. "You don't scare me anymore."

The king chuckled heartily.

"Well, well, it seems you've grown a spine on your journey here. I would be proud of you, if you weren't making me so angry."

Yoongi's eyes narrowed.

"Let. Her. Go."

Yoongi's father growled out lowly, barred his teeth in aggression.

"Why are you fighting for her life?! You and I both know that the only way to bring down that wall, is to summon a dragon and offer the girl as a sacrifice! Do you not care about our people?! They are starving because of that cursed wall!"