Chapter 34: Love

"When you look me in the eyes I can feel how much you love me."
                       -Anonymous

Your body shivered as you stared at the red-headed male infront of you, your arms crossed over your chest as an attempt to gain some extra protection from the cold weather.

Your blue orbs watched as Hoseok saddled up the horses, his tangerine gaze carefully studying the leather saddle as he buckled it around the horses stomach.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked suddenly "You may never see them again...this could be your last chance to say goodbye."

You sighed heavily and shook your head.

"I've already told you: If I even told them I was leaving they would lock me in my room again. It's better this way."

Hoseok slowly nodded sadly, his hands continuing his task.

"I wouldn't blame them...this is a dangerous mission..and they all care deeply about you, myself included."

You raised your eyebrows.

"Then why are you helping me?"

The sorcerer shrugged.

"Even if I tried to talk you out of it you'd just sneak out by yourself. At least this way I'll be there to protect you."

You nodded slowly, taking a step closer to the red head.

"Thank you Hoseok, for everything."

He chuckled.

"No problem."

You grabbed his hand softly, intwining your cold fingers with his. His soft gaze met yours tenderly, confusion swirling in them as you slowly stepped closer.

"I mean it. Thank you so much for believing in me. Thank you for everything."

Hoseok's eyes widened, his heart thrumming loudly in his chest as he stared into your blue eyes. He swallowed hard, his gaze falling onto your parted, lips which were now a light shade of rosy pink due to the cold.

He moved closer to you, his body seeking out your warmth and his eyes never leaving your lips.

A deep blush rose onto your cheeks at his longing gaze, you could feel his hand holding onto your tighter, beginning to gently pull you closer towards him. You could swear your heart stopped beating. He was so close, and yet, so far away.

A gentle breeze blew around the two of you, causing a few strands of his red locks to fall out of place. You gently moved your free hand up to move them, but Hoseok's other hand caught you before you could, he held your hand softly, bringing it to his lips and kissing it tenderly.

You couldn't breathe.

You had always seen Hoseok as a ray of sunshine, a bright and friendly companion with a happy and positive disposition, but now, under the paleness of the moonlight...he looked ethereal. Perfect in every way.

He gently squeezed your hand, pulling it away from his lips.

"You are so beautiful." He whispered. "Every time I see you, you leave me breathless."

Your eyes widened as you stared at the smiling man. Normally you would retort with things like "no I'm not" or "yeah right" but His voice was filled with such sincerity that you found yourself unable to doubt what he had said. He made you feel wanted, and loved.

Hoseok's body slowly gravitated towards yours, his chest bumping into yours and his hand slowly moving to hold you and your lower back, and his other hand, releasing yours and gently crumpling your face, as his thumb rubbed your cheek tenderly.