Chapter 11

"I've got you."

I looked up into the wide brown eyes of Connor, who was leaning over the edge with Uncle Hank holding onto him, and his hand was in mine. "Don't look down, just look at me," he said calmly as I began to shake. I quickly nodded, staring at no where else but his eyes as he was slowly pulled up by Uncle Hank; Connor finally stood up and he yanked me back up onto land. I stood shakily, not really know what to do until I was pulled into Uncle Hank's chest, having him squeeze me tightly. "Don't you ever do that again, you hear me?" he said, cupping my face and looking down at me. "Never again." I just nodded and hugged him, shaking tremendously as I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I opened one eye to look over at Connor, and I saw his LED flaahing yellow as he watched us; I broke away from Uncle Hank and threw my arms around Connor's neck, hugging him tightly. "Thank you...."

*Connor's p.o.v.*

If was definitely surprising to see Skye turn to me, wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me as well. I was frozen on the spot, obviously startled by her sudden action; I looked up at the Lieutenant, and he was mouthing 'HUG HER BACK, IDIOT' while doing the action of hugging. Slowly but surely, I wrapped my arms around her, patting her back gently; "It's okay," I told her. She just curled up even more, making my LED flash yellow again; the longer she stayed in my arms, the more I felt my pump regulator beat faster, and yet I didn't pull away from her. Instead I grew even more comfortable, my tense arms relaxing around her; "Alright you two, let's get out of here," the Lieutenant said. Skye instantly broke away from me, looking up at me with wide, surprised green eyes, and she scurried over to her uncle, and the of 3 left the building.

*Skye's p.o.v.*

For once, Connor didn't follow us when we drove back home. I walked in through the door and was nearly tackled to the ground when Sumo came charging. "Whoa there, big guy, down!" I said, and the dog sat down. I ruffled up his fur, giving him a kiss on the nose before moving into the kitchen and getting a bottle of water. "You okay?" Uncle Hank asked. I looked over at him as I drank about half the bottle; "Yah, why?" I asked, moving passed him to go to my room. "Skye." I stopped, sighing before turning back; "I was scared...okay? I ran after Connor to help him catch that deviant so you wouldn't another ass whooping from Fowler. You already have a rocky reputation, I didn't want you to fail this mission and get fired," I said, looking him in the eye. Uncle Hank sighed, giving me a thoughtful look as he came up to me and hugged me again, and I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I know you're worried about me, Skye, but you don't have to put your life at risk to help me," he said, pulling back to look at me. I just rolled my eyes, pecking his cheek before turning away; "I'll probably do something stupid again," I giggled, then entered my room and closed the door. I sat down on my bed cross-legged, looking down at my hands as I thought. I can't say I wasn't surprised when I jumped in Connor's arms...he saved me, I could have died today but he cose to save me instead of finishing his mission, which was to detain Rupert. He even saved Uncle Hank from falling, too, and it had me thinking for a second...maybe all androids aren't so bad? Connor is certainly something different, so...conflicted, about what he wants to make his objective. Obviously its to hunt down deviants, but I can't help but feel like maybe that's changing for him....

~~~

I don't remember when I fell asleep, but when I did wake up I felt refreshed, like I actually had a decent sleep. I sat up from my sprawled out position on my bed, rubbing my eyes as I yawned, and I cracked my neck before standing up, stretching my arms. I walked over to my door, prepared to exit when I heard a crash, making me freeze - it sounded like a window was just broken. I heard Sumo bark, and he jumped up from his bed; I carefully opened my door, not bothering to close it as I crept down the hall, watching Sumo trot over to the broken window in the kitchen. "Easy...Sumo!" I furrowed my brows, poking my head around the corner; "I'm your friend, see...?" I groaned quietly when I saw Sumo standing over a nervous Connor; "I know your name...I'm here to save your owner," he said gently.