Chapter 10

Let’s go back first to the first moon, na… He is getting left behind… His omega is the hardest anyway…

***

Kongphob looks at the ceiling while lying in his bed. His body is stretched in the middle of the mattress, his right leg on top of the left, while his head is on top of his hands. He found out that Arthit is actually the one who suggested for him to be their faculty’s representative for the Moon Competition.

“Why would you send him? If you send him, our faculty will surely lose. His face isn’t good and his attitude doesn’t pass, if you send him we’ll just end up being the laughing stock of all faculties.”

He chuckled at the memory when Arthit spoke those words right in his face. He was actually hurt that moment, thinking his mate doesn’t want him because maybe he is not good enough for him. But in reality, he actually acknowledges his looks and capabilities. He just doesn’t want to accept it.

They were at the nursing unit that afternoon when he brought his friend Aim to ask medication for his sprained ankle after a very exhausting hazing activity. A student even experienced hyperventilation and immediately sent for medication.

He glanced at the oranges placed on top of his table. Those were handed to them by his P’Arthit.
He witnessed a different side of his mate that afternoon, making his feeling for him go deeper.

Kongphob’s POV

“Haha! What are you scared of? The hazers aren’t that scary, they’re just doing their duties. Everything that you guys have done the hazers also been through. That is why they can give you all those orders, it’s not just punishing you guys for fun. They’ve been trained for months before they can get to this stage, they have to be able to control their emotions. When there is a situation they need to know how to react so that you guys aren’t in any danger.” P’Fang said.

I came to a standstill, I hadn’t heard of this before. And this was probably all true.

Today I did see P’Arthit give orders to the nursing team without any delay. He was the first one who saw and gave order regarding the student who collapsed. He was able to take care of the situation right away, something I didn’t think someone like P’Arthit could do. Because every time he spoke, it was filled with anger and raw barbaric expressions, even if we did something right he still said it was wrong. And he would give punishments without thinking of the other person’s feelings. So it was no surprise that all of my friends were scared of him, to the point where it had turned to hate. Many kept their anger and even started to gossip about him.

“Really, I don’t want the younger students to get mad or hate the hazing team. It’s just their duty and responsibility. Do you guys know what the most important thing is…? The people that are most worried about the freshmen are actually the hazing team members.” P’Fang continued to tell us as someone with more experience. Maybe these things weren’t new to them older students, and knew there would be this kind of feedback from us younger students.

Those words fell into the middle of my heart.  It made me that much more still as I recounted my actions and slowly came to a conclusion.

Is it true that the hazers were worried about me? Especially the head of the hazing team, P’Arthit? But, he looked as if he hated me more than anyone else for daring to go against his order since day one.

I admit I overstep boundaries when I said those things to damage the pride of the hazer. But I only did those things to help my friends without thinking what consequences it would bring. In the end, I only angered the head hazer more. I was severely punished to the point where at times I wanted to give up too, but never once did the hazer show any kindness towards me.