Chapter 13

Hello guys... it's been a really long while.
Thank you for patiently waiting.
I am feeling down lately, but that picture of Kimmon above somehow light up my mood... and encouraged me to continue their story.

***

Bas POV

Today is the first day of the photoshoot and the initial presentation of the participating Moons and Stars. We were asked to wear proper uniforms which are white blouse and knee-length black skirts for girls; then white, long-sleeved polo with black tie and black pants for boys. The pictures will be posted on the official page of the university introducing the representatives of each faculty as teaser for the upcoming competition.

I looked around the venue. Almost everyone is happy and excited, though some are obviously nervous. And no one can beat me in that category. I am sure no one can be more anxious than I already am at this very moment.

Yes. I am extremely nervous right now knowing that he might appear anytime today yet I still don't know what to do. I told myself to step up my game and tried to make a plan in order to approach my moon but until now nothing has been made.

Gosh! What am I going to do with myself? Even my bestfriend Mic is shyer than me. Who can help me then?

"Ai'Bas, is that you?! Shia... It is really you!!!"
I turned around to see a very sweet looking, little guy. Yes, I mean it, since he is smaller than me. He sounds very shocked but happy, standing a few feet away in front of me, with arms fluttering open wide.

"Ai'Rome?! Gosh, Is that really you?" I gasped in excitement.

"Who else can be prettier than me...?" He said jokingly but confidently.

I laughed while hugging my childhood friend. He immediately returned my hug tighter. Well, we've been friends since our diapers' days. Their family went abroad after we graduated in primary school that's why we separated ways.

I actually met Mic in high school, which am very thankful of since Rome has left me... well, at least physically. Our communication was never cut, until last year when he disappeared with his so-called mate. And it was around that time when I met my moon. So it is practically Mic alone who knew everything about him.

"I missed you, bitch! Where have you been?" I cried without breaking the embrace. Instead, I pulled him closer if that was even possible.

"Yeah! I literally became bitch..."
I was shocked on what he said.

"Ai'Rome?!" I shouted loudly with widened eyes. There is bitterness in Rome's tone. I pulled out to examine his face carefully.
He just smiled instead, without elaborating what he just stated.

What happened to Rome for him to say that kind of thing? Didn't he already meet his mate?

I am such a bad friend. How can I not know what happened to him during those days? Am I that much preoccupied by my moon's thoughts just like what Mic has said that I tended to forget and care about others around, including my closest friends, unintentionally?

Damn.

I hug him again to hide the guilt and embarassment. Tighter this time, burying my face on the crook of his neck.
" I missed you. I really do. I'm sorry for being such an awful friend. What happened to you? You stopped contacting me."

"You could have contacted me first instead though." He chuckled and answered me with sarcasm.

Guilty.

"Ai'Rome... I know. Im sorry. I've been busy all those times. I've been used of you calling or reaching out to me first. You spoiled me that much. I thought you've been busier than me, so..." I know it's a lame excuse. I should have at least tried to look for him, right? But, I think I did... it's just that his number cannot be reached everytime. So I just waited for him. Until it already become a year.