Chapter 14

Let's continue with the innocent omega, na...
I love the character of his friend Rome here...

***

"Are you sure you love him?" Rome asked afterwards.

"I think I do..."

"Ai'Bas, you don't love using your mind, you do it using your heart, so you better stop just 'thinking'. You have to look within your heart to make sure about it first before doing anything about it..." Rome sounds very serious this time.

Mic and Bas are both stunned.

"If you really love him, then fine and go ahead... I may even help you if needed. But if not... or if it is not enough worth fighting for, I am telling you, you better stop right here, right now.

And let me tell you, or remind you in case you just forgot... although not everyone have, you or him may have your own fated mate. So, either you wait for your fated mate, without assurance until when though, and/or if you really have... or act upon your love for him now and deal with the consequences later...

You choose." 

Bas felt like a bucket of iced cold water is poured upon him. Rome is right. How can he ignore such a very important thing. All he know is that he love Kimmon, but is this love that strong enough to disregard someone that may be waiting for him? And how about Kimmon? Well, it may not be that important on his part since he is an alpha, for whatever happen in the end he still has a way out. He knew that an alpha can actually have as many mates as he wants. But who knows?

"Yah! Why are you so serious about this? I only want to love him from afar and for my existence to be noticed. I'll be happy enough for that. You are talking as if in case I act upon this he will then return my feelings, or moreover mark me. I am not dreaming that far, Ai'Rome...!" Bas almost choke upon saying those words.

"Really now, baby? If you only want him to notice your existence, why don't you just deliberately go and greet him saying your name is Bas. Peiod. But you don't. Since you're actually not just seeking for attention but of appreciation."

"And your point is...?"

"You don't just want him to notice your existence but the existence of your feelings. And you actually want that feelings to be acknowledged and accepted."

"Wait. Acknowledgement is one thing, but acceptance is another thing. I want to be acknowledged, yes. But not really to be accepted. Since that one is quite impossible."

"Ai'Bas, you idiot! Acknowledgement is acceptance of existence, and acceptance is undertaking something offered. And you are about to offer your love... Your heart. Which is actually your life... and your existence."

"Ai'Rome... it's not... what if..." Bas was lost on his own words. He look on his other friend's side and tried to ask for help. Maybe he understands his situation better than himself. "Do I really want my love to be returned?"

"It's your heart you should ask, Ai' Bas, not us," Mic simply said.

***

Bas POV

It's already past midnight and sleep is still defying me. Ai'Rome is back and I am really glad he did, saying things only he can actually pull on me. Such a really smart kid.

"Know your stand first before you ask other people. If you yourself does not acknowledge your real, whole feelings about this, then there is no use to even think about doing anything."

Great! Just like that and he dismissed all my questions about it. He said otherwise his first question is answered, I am only wasting our time.

I should know my stand first.
Fine. How to do that? Ask myself, he said.