Who Is He?; 그는 누구입니까?

"I need an explanation," is the first thing Chae demanded as she walked into the apartment we shared, running a hand through her long, pink dyed hair.

"So do I," I grumbled, pushing the papers of endless work away from me, "I mean, what kind of teacher gives a whole chapters worth of biology homework on the first d-"

"No, Kim [Y/N]. I'm not talking about that," Chae cuts me off, determination in her usually softer voice, hazel eyes darkening as she took steps closer to me.

Uh oh

I giggled nervously, pushing my chair backwards. Chae could be very intimidating when she was angry, or determined to find out something.

I wonder what she found out now...uh oh..That last packet of her favourite noodle brand...her shirt I 'borrowed'..?

"Who is he? The coconut head ass looking guy." Chae asked, eyeing me very closely.

My eyebrows furrowed together, racking my brains for any possible guy she could be talking about...when it finally clicked.

"Uhm..the guy at the cafeteria...Jeon..Jungkook..?" I whispered, confusion clear in my voice as to why she was asking.

"Yeah, if that's his name.Do you know him [Y/N]?" she asked sternly, eyes not leaving my face for a second.

I bit my lip nervously.

There was no point in lying. Chae was my best friend of 3 years, we'd been through the hardest and best of times together. Our friendship was special for the both of us, and I wasn't prepared to let anything get in between that.

"..Yes. We..were friends when younger. He moved away from here when we were 16."

Chae's eyes softened at the unexpected uneasy tone in my voice as she reached over to squeeze my hand. I closed my eyes.

"It was in the past. He's back now but there's nothing between us anymore. I...don't know him anymore," I weakly smiled.

"Oh [Y/N].." she whispered, eyes filled with concern.

"It's nothing to worry about," I laughed quietly, "why were you asking anyway?"

"I sensed there was tension so...I was asking incase I needed to throw any fists," Chae admitted, smiling sheepishly. But her playful expression quickly changed to serious. "I'm wouldn't have asked if I knew it was a sensitive topic."

"Promise me you will tell me if I ever do need to though. "

I smiled genuinely, "I promise." Chae nodded contently at that.

I had to laugh at the older girl's protectiveness as she hugged me tightly. It was moments like this that I realised how lucky I was.

  Lucky I was to have friends like these

Lucky I was to share moments like these

Lucky I was to taste the tiniest bit of euphoria

Lucky I was to be oblivious to the things that were to come

Lucky I was to live to keep promises like these.

-

A/N

hey it's the author from the future :>

oOf lmao this chapter is really short,, thanks to everyone who read this:) I'd love your feedback and opinions on this story so far, so if you do have any, don't hesitate to comment! 💛